Meanwhile, this was my reading buddy this Saturday, April 29th. Even though I didn't officially participate in Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon, I still spent the morning reading. It was raining out and so Baby had to come down into the basement for shelter away from the terrible, noisy thunder. So here he is, all tuckered out, tired from hiding out from the storm.
Anyway... moving right along...
Books Dropped/Put On Hold
None this month! Yay!
April Reading StatsTotal works read: 14
- 7 print/e-book novels
- 3 audio books
- 3 novellas
- 1 short story
Average rating: 3.29 Stars
- Highest Rated: Etched in Bone by Anne Bishope // 4.5 Stars
- Lowest Rated: Rescue My Heart by Jill Shalvis // 2.0 Stars
Series I started reading:
- The House of Steele by Addison Fox
- Veronica Sloan by Leslie A. Kelly
- Brothers Sinister by Courtney Milan
- The Others by Anne Bishop
- Aftershock by Jill Sorenson
- Veronica Speedwell by Deanna Raybourn
- Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis
- Fairy Tales by Eloisa James
Favorite reads: Obviously I'm in love with Anne Bishop's The Others series and immensely enjoyed the last book in the Meg story arc, Etched in Bone. Arroo! Then there was also A Perilous Undertaking, Badlands, and my Freefall reread.
Disappointing reads: My biggest disappointment is probably The Sugar Queen, despite how much I DID enjoy most of the book. It just wasn't as magical as The Girl Who Chased the Moon had been, so I probably went in with higher expectations than I should have. The lowest rated book this month, Rescue My Heart, was a big disappointment as well, but after sitting back and thinking about it, to be honest, I never really go into a contemporary romance expecting incredible results. False Memory was also a bit of a disappointment if only because Dean Koontz is always a personal favorite author, even if I don't always read his books.
But as I state in my review of False Memory (to be posted soon), I either like a Dean Koontz novel, or I don't. This time, I didn't.
Reviews & Notable Posts
- Freefall by Jill Sorenson | Review transfer
- Scenes of Peril (novella) by Jill Sorenson
- Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop
- Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop
- The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
- Badlands by Jill Sorenson
- Island Peril (novella) by Jill Sorenson
- The Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn
- Rescue My Heart by Jill Shalvis
- Storming the Castle by Eloisa James
- The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan
- Baby It's Cold Outside by Addison Fox | Review transfer
- Did not Meme this month!
- 2017 Reading Assignment Challenge -- First Quarterly Report Card
- Booklikes-opoly: Let the Games Begin!
- Booklikes-opoly | First Roll!
- Booklikes-opoly | Finished First Book, Onto the Second Roll!
- Booklikes-opoly | Second Roll Book: Decision Made!
- Booklikes-opoly | Onto the Third Roll!
- Booklikes-opoly | And Now the Fourth Roll!
- BL-opoly | Fourth Roll Activities
- Some Quotes shared from Schoolgirl
- Collective Reading Updates: Don't Look Away
- Booklikes-opoly | Moving Onto the Fifth Roll!
- Booklikes-opoly | Read-a-thon Day Freebie Rolls!! #6, #7, #8
- BL-opoly | Fifth Roll and Read-a-thon Day Activities
- Read-a-thon: Bout of Books 19
Coming Up In May
Other StuffI don't even know why I've got a tentative TBR for the month of May. Most of my reads, aside from the Reading Assignment reads, for the next months until the end of July will totally be decided upon based on Booklikes-opoly. After all, I'm invested in this game, and I'm invested to win! =D
Of course, the first three books are books I've already rolled for and will have to read before moving onto my next roll for BL-opoly. Fortunately, they are all three books I've been meaning to read, and Before the Storm is one of my Reading Assignment books. The last four books are simply books that have been on my TBR since the beginning of the year and really just need to get read. Maybe the dice gods will take pity on my and let me roll something that gives me a chance to read these books.
2017 Wrap-UpsPast Monthly Reading Wrap Ups
See Also: 2015 Reading Wrap-Up posts (scroll to bottom of page)
(updated as year progresses by month)
January | February | March | April | May | June
July | August | September | October | November | December