Monday, May 1, 2017

Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- April 2017

In April, my reading slump seems to have finally hopped out the window and I managed to get a lot of books read.  Of course, there are a lot of books that were on my immediate TBR that got shoved aside thanks to the newest reading game!  Booklikes-opoly, with all it's fun and excitement, has managed to side-track some of my TBR.  I don't know how to feel about that, but I'm having fun and reading lots and blogging lots, and honestly, that's all that matters to me.


Meanwhile, this was my reading buddy this Saturday, April 29th.  Even though I didn't officially participate in Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon, I still spent the morning reading.  It was raining out and so Baby had to come down into the basement for shelter away from the terrible, noisy thunder.  So here he is, all tuckered out, tired from hiding out from the storm.

Anyway... moving right along...


April Reads





Books Dropped/Put On Hold


None this month!  Yay!


Currently Reading




April Reading Stats

Total works read: 14
  • 7 print/e-book novels
  • 3 audio books
  • 3 novellas
  • 1 short story

Average rating: 3.29 Stars
  • Highest Rated:  Etched in Bone by Anne Bishope // 4.5 Stars
  • Lowest Rated:  Rescue My Heart by Jill Shalvis // 2.0 Stars

Series I started reading:
  • The House of Steele by Addison Fox
  • Veronica Sloan by Leslie A. Kelly
  • Brothers Sinister by Courtney Milan
Series I completed:
  • None
Series I have made progress on:
  • The Others by Anne Bishop
  • Aftershock by Jill Sorenson
  • Veronica Speedwell by Deanna Raybourn
  • Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis
  • Fairy Tales by Eloisa James

Favorite reads:  Obviously I'm in love with Anne Bishop's The Others series and immensely enjoyed the last book in the Meg story arc, Etched in Bone.  Arroo!  Then there was also A Perilous Undertaking, Badlands, and my Freefall reread.

Disappointing reads:  My biggest disappointment is probably The Sugar Queen, despite how much I DID enjoy most of the book.  It just wasn't as magical as The Girl Who Chased the Moon had been, so I probably went in with higher expectations than I should have.  The lowest rated book this month, Rescue My Heart, was a big disappointment as well, but after sitting back and thinking about it, to be honest, I never really go into a contemporary romance expecting incredible results.  False Memory was also a bit of a disappointment if only because Dean Koontz is always a personal favorite author, even if I don't always read his books.

But as I state in my review of False Memory (to be posted soon), I either like a Dean Koontz novel, or I don't.  This time, I didn't.


Reviews & Notable Posts

Reviews Written


Memes

  • Did not Meme this month!

Other Posts



Coming Up In May

Tentative TBR


Other Stuff

I don't even know why I've got a tentative TBR for the month of May.  Most of my reads, aside from the Reading Assignment reads, for the next months until the end of July will totally be decided upon based on Booklikes-opoly.  After all, I'm invested in this game, and I'm invested to win!  =D

Of course, the first three books are books I've already rolled for and will have to read before moving onto my next roll for BL-opoly.  Fortunately, they are all three books I've been meaning to read, and Before the Storm is one of my Reading Assignment books.  The last four books are simply books that have been on my TBR since the beginning of the year and really just need to get read.  Maybe the dice gods will take pity on my and let me roll something that gives me a chance to read these books.


2017 Wrap-Ups 

Past Monthly Reading Wrap Ups
See Also: 2015 Reading Wrap-Up posts (scroll to bottom of page)

(updated as year progresses by month)
January | February | March | April | May | June
July | August | September | October | November | December


No comments:

Post a Comment