Saturday, May 18, 2019

Booklikes-opoly 2019 | Roll #1!

Booklikes-opoly
@ Booklikes, the book blogging social platform


BookLikes-opoly is back with new tasks, a new board, and soon to be announced new twists!  I can't wait.  And because I can't wait (even though I'm still catching up on some reading), I'm taking an early roll to start my planning.  And since Moonlight has already announced her first roll, I'm going to follow suit!

Of course, I will absolutely wait until the official new start date, Monday, May 20, to start reading my book...  That is, if I can get to it by then.  But in the meantime, I'M GOING TO ROLL ANYWAY!

So... as we have all been anticipating, a few old friends will be back to help me play this game.  The truth is, I'm still drawing a blank as to how I want to present my board, so I'm just going to go with the flow and maybe I'll come up with some new fun presentations.

So let's start off with the dice roll, which we have the ever so elegant Peek-a-Boo Penni Penguin presenting to us in style... well, sort of.  It's really just fuzzy dice decoration, but it still rolls the same... sort of.


Penni may or may not continue to present a physical dice roll in future.  To tell the truth, the rope that connects the fuzzy dice seems to limit the pair of dice's rolling capabilities, so chances are, I'll revert back to virtual dice.  Besides, Penni's got other posing activities scheduled, right?

Meanwhile, as we can see with four Mickey heads on one die, and one Mickey head on the other, I managed to roll a 5 for this first go, which took me to The Silk Road.


And look who all came out to play!  Magnetic Monkey and Teddy Bear Game Piece have been hibernating, but for BookLikes-opoly, they've been prepping their glamour shots!  Well... maybe not Teddy, since he's only got so many poses and has also managed to slide off of the Railroad square and into his paper boat.

But that's okay, Monkey will make up for everything with his enthusiasm.  We all know Monkey's kind of an attention hog, so we get to find out once again how he'll decide to play this game.

On an aside, please excuse the messiness of the board.  We're still doing some housekeeping where this game's presentation is concerned, and the board didn't print out as brightly as I would have liked.  Also, the lighting in my room is a bit sucky, but we'll manage like we did last time!


For my first square, The Silk Road, I'd already made a short list of books that would fit this square, and to be honest, I hadn't gotten very far, as I kept getting distracting making book lists for the other squares.  There were two particular books on my immediate TBR that I had written down, and unfortunately the other book is actually a book I'm saving for another challenge starting in June.

So I'm choosing Hard Target by Pamela Clare, which, according to a review I happened to glimpse, at least 75% of the book takes place in Afghanistan, so I figure it would work just fine.  I've been meaning to get this book read for some time anyway, as I don't think I've ever let a Pamela Clare contemporary or romantic suspense sit long after it's publication--this is a first, really...

Hard Target is listed as 261 pages, Kindle version, which will get me $3.  Not bad for a first roll.

And now to wait for Monday to swing around.



My Progress

(last updated 5/18/19)
Current Bank:  $20
Prison Library Donation:  0 pages
Books Read:  0


Date
(Roll #)
Dice Roll Space/Prompt Book Title / Author Pages Cash
5/20 Game Start $20
5/20 (#1) 5 The Silk Road:
Read a book set in any of the 40 countries along Silk Road, or by an author from any of those countries.
Hard Target by Pamela Clare 261 $3
TBA
TBA
TBA


No comments:

Post a Comment