Saturday, May 25, 2019

Booklikes-opoly 2019 | Roll #3 & Memorial Day Bonus Rolls (#4 & #5)!!

Booklikes-opoly
@ Booklikes, the book blogging social platform



Just like the 2017 game, in celebration of Memorial Day Weekend, Moonlight has decreed BONUS ROLLS!!

I saw all the updates and posts last night, but I was still on my second roll's book (just in case anyone is wondering, I went back and tweaked my roll numbers, so that the two rolls that I took the last turn because of the novelty card are now 2a and 2b... not that anyone really cares, but well...), and wanted to get it finished reading before I jumped into any bonus rolls.

So now I'm going to go ahead and take my regularly scheduled roll (a day later than I would have liked, but whatevs), as well as the two Memorial Day Weekend bonus rolls!


Regularly Scheduled Roll:


First off, Roll #3 came up as a 5, which brought me to Lake House 20.  I'm fairly certain I have at least one or two books that will fit this square, both of them romantic suspense, and both books I already own.  I'll pick one of them to help whittle down my Mt. TBR.


Ah yes... it's been raining most of the week, so it looks like the board is a bit gloomy this morning, even in spite of Penni's attempts to liven things up with the lucky stars.  And, why yes, that IS Murder by Death's fancy board with written in square prompts.  Except that my photography skills are a little lacking today, so you can't really see the written in prompts, because otherwise the picture would have had to have been cut off somewhere.  And since Penni's got the lucky stars out, I'm using them to kind of "mark" the squares I've already landed on, though it's a little hard to see.  And now I'm also contemplating a color code for the squares that are finished and the squares that are active...

And Penni is still wearing Teddy Bear's boat as a hat, but that's okay.  Teddy is busy anyway.

Moving along now...


Memorial Day Bonus Rolls


My first Bonus Roll (Roll #4), got me a 7, and took me to The Summer Blockbuster 27.  The above pic of the card is a bit blurry, so here is the prompt:  Read a book that features a hero's Bildungsroman (coming of age tale), or that has a word related to space in the title (i.e., star, planet, rocket).  Hmm... I'm not sure I like this square very much, and there is a high possibility I will skip it.  But I'll give it a shot first and see what book I can come up with.


Well, hey!  In celebration of the Memorial Day long weekend and BONUS ROLLS, it looks like we've managed to liven things up on the board again.  There is a mess of lucky stars everywhere... thanks to Penni's enthusiasm.  And Monkey has stolen the boat hat.



My next Bonus Roll (#5) was a 9, and so we moved onward to European Vacation 35.  Pretty much any historical I want to read will fit this square, as they all either take place in England or Scotland.  I'm very tempted to simply read the next Lady Darby Mystery book... and will probably just go ahead and do so.


Yes, I know, Penni.  Monkey is still up there.  And yes, he still has the boat hat on.  And you've somehow managed to acquire more lucky stars within your vicinity, so a little clean-up might be in order.  Oh, look:  Key-chain Puppy has come to investigate the Monkey (*snort*) business.  =P


As for books, I've kind of got two particular books in mind for two of the squares I've landed on.  But as I've mentioned, that first bonus roll may take a bit of searching, so I'm going to check out my possibilities, and then update with my final book selections.


Novelty Cards Currently In My Pocket




My Progress


Current Bank:  $26
Prison Library Donation:  0 pages
Books Read:  2


Date
(Roll #)
Dice Roll Space/Prompt Book Title / Author Pages Cash
5/20 Game Start $20
5/20 (#1) 5 The Silk Road:
Read a book set in any of the 40 countries along Silk Road, or by an author from any of those countries.
Hard Target by Pamela Clare 261 $3
5/22 (#2a) 8 Novelty Card Robot -- save for later
(Create a numbered list of ten books, and let a random number generator pick for you).
n/a n/a n/a
5/22 (#2b) 4 Mountain Cabin 16:
Read a book that is considered mystery/suspense genre, or which has a title that contains all of the letters in the word C-A-B-I-N.
Tightrope by Amanda Quick 320 $3
5/25 (#3) 5 The Lake House 20:
Read a book that features a dog or which has a dog on the cover; or that is set in an area known for its lakes or on a fictional lake.
TBA
Memorial Day Bonus Rolls
5/25 (#4) 7 The Summer Blockbuster 27:
Read a book that features a hero's journey or is a Bildungsroman (coming of age tale); or that has a word related to space in the title (i.e., star, planet, rocket).
TBA

5/25 (#5) 9 European Vacation 35:
Read a book set in Europe; or that was written by an author who was born in Europe; or that involves travel by boat or that has a picture of a ship on the cover.
TBA




No comments:

Post a Comment