Sunday, May 5, 2019

BookLikes Snakes and Ladders | Dice Roll #17 & #18... with a third snake...

I had had hopes of finishing my most recent Snakes and Ladders books sooner, but I ended up getting sick again and pretty slept all of my free time away.  But no matter, this time around, it seems that the cold isn't here to stay and after about three days of feeling groggy, snotty, and stuffy, I'm doing much better.

Unfortunately, apparently after having a run of good luck with all the hoarded books, I've hit my third snake.  Ya'know, I kinda already knew that my luck was bad with this game, so I'm not at all that surprised.  It could have been worse, I suppose.  I could have hit the snake that came previous to this one and ended up further back.

So I'm running with it...  Maybe after this, I'll be able to put all those hoarded books I have into use.  XD



BookLikes Snakes and Ladders


Since we already know I hit a snake, let's not drag this update out for too long.

My first roll for this update was an 8, which took me to Square 89: Published between 2000 and 2017.  As luck would have it, I have a book hoarded that fits the bill (two books, in fact), but I decided to use Late for the Wedding by Amanda Quick to fill this square.


Rolling again, I ended up with a 10, which took me to Square 99: Snake - go back to 69.  Le sigh...


I've been on this square once already, and had considered using one of books I didn't choose the first time around, but I recalled that there was a Simone St. James book that had a cover with elements related to travel (see above), what with a woman carrying a suitcase, and a train running along the right side of the cover.  Since I'm still kind of in the mood for Simone St. James, I'm going to go ahead and read this book.


Meanwhile, it looks like I've got a million books hoarded for more possible squares in the future... and, of course, none of them fit the square I slid onto via snake.  Boo...  =(

But whatevs, this just means I keep reading more books!  =D


Currently Reading


  


Books Hoarded Read For Future Square Use




My Progress


Dates for each dice roll corresponds with respective update post.
Book titles link to reviews if written.
Completed books' covers (read and used for squares) following table.

Date Dice Roll Square/Prompt Book Title / Author Fits Square?
02/20
na
1.  Author is a woman Sweet Release by Pamela Clare Yes
02/22 (#1)
(2 + 4)
6
7.  Author's last name begins with the letters A, B, C, or D. Carnal Gift by Pamela Clare Yes
02/24 (#2)
(2 + 3)
5
12.  Author's last name begins with the letters T, U, V, W, X, Y, or Z. SEAL for Her Protection by Paige Tyler Yes
02/27 (#3)
(2 + 4)
6
18.  Set in a school Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger Yes
03/09 (#4)
(4 + 5)
9
27.  Set during WWI or WWII Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld Yes
03/12 (#5)
(5 + 6)
11
38.  Newest release by a favorite author Untouchable by Jayne Ann Krentz Yes
03/12 (#6) (3 + 5)
8
46.  A book that has been on your tbr for more than two years Slightly Shady by Amanda Quick Yes
03/16 (#7)
(5 + 6)
11
57.  Was published more than 50 years ago Thunder on the Right by Mary Stewart Yes
03/16 (#8)
(4 + 4)
8
65. Snake - go back to 52 n/a n/a
03/16
snake
52.  Has a tree or flower on the cover The Dragon and the Pearl by Jeannie Lin Yes
03/19 (#9)
(2 + 5)
7
59.  Was published more than 10 years ago Ride the Fire by Pamela Clare Yes
03/19 (#10)
(2 + 5)
7
66.  Part of a series that is more than 10 books long Murder on Astor Place by Victoria Thompson Yes
03/24 (#11)
(1 + 2)
3
69.  Something related to travel on the cover A Most Extraordinary Pursuit by Julana Gray Yes
03/30 (#12)
(4 + 6)
10
79.  Main character is a woman Don't Look Back by Amanda Quick Yes
03/31 (#13)
(3 + 5)
8
87.  Snake - go back to 57 n/a n/a
03/31
snake
57.  Was published more than 50 years ago The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy Yes
4/28 (#14)
(3 + 6)
9
66.  Part of a series that is more than 10 books long Mort by Terry Pratchett Yes
4/28 (#15)
(4 + 5)
9
75.  Set in a fantasy world Wild Country by Anne Bishop Yes
4/28 (#16)
(3 + 3)
6
81.  Ghost story An Inquiry into Love and Death by Simone St. James Yes
5/5 (#17)
(2 + 6)
8
89.  Published between 2000 and 2017 Late for the Wedding by Amanda Quick Yes
5/5 (#18)
(4 + 6)
10
99.  Snake - go back to 69 n/a n/a
5/5
snake
69.  Something related to travel on the cover The Other Side of Midnight by Simone St. James Yes
TBA
TBA
TBA
TBA



No comments:

Post a Comment