Thursday, March 30, 2017

Cover Crush: Death of a Dishonorable Gentleman by Tessa Arlen


Cover Crush is a feature originally thought up by Erin at Flashlight Commentary.  Every Thursday, she publishes a post featuring a book jacket/book cover that she really likes with a short commentary about it.  I discovered this weekly feature via It's a Mad Mad World  and decided to join in the fun!

Judge a book by it's cover?  Absolutely!

***


I stumbled across a review for A Death By Any Other Name and found the cover really pretty, but the story summary more interesting.  So I clicked into the page at Goodreads and decided to check out the first book.  And I absolutely love the cover for Death of a Dishonorable Gentleman!  Before I even read the summary (which was also interesting), I ended up adding the book to my TBR based on the cover alone.

While the other two covers of the books in this Lady Montford Mystery series are also quite pretty (architecture of historical homes are enchanting), my favorite is the cover for the first book.

There's something about old houses and the surrounding land and scenery that I love.  And Death of a Dishonorable Gentleman just does wonders to make me think of standing on one of the higher levels of that mansion and looking out into the green, green acres, the crystal river, the simple growth of flowers...

Even the font fact for the title is done really well!

So pretty!  <3

I will definitely try to make time for this series.


No comments:

Post a Comment