Friday, March 3, 2017

Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- February 2017

February came and went a lot faster than I had anticipated, though to be fair, the majority of my February was spent battling bronchitis and fatigue.  If it weren't for audio books, I may not have finished as many books as I did.

And also, I absolutely couldn't help but to read some new releases that I'd been waiting forever to come out--Laura Griffin and Pamela Clare, I'm looking at you!  And, of course, I enjoyed myself.

As far as 2017 being the year of the Laid Back Reading Plans, I think I'm sticking to it pretty well.  I haven't pulled the DNF trigger on any books I probably should have, but I'm also not forcing myself to rush through books just to meet my previously established normal average of 14 books per month.  Unfortunately, at the rate that I'm going (10 books in January, 11 books in February), I won't be meeting my usual yearly reading goal of 150 books either, unless I break out some short stories and novellas... which I probably will end up doing.  Or I could just try to increase my monthly number... or maybe take a week's vacation to do a personal readathon... or something like that.

2017 for my Reading Assignment Challenge has been a bit embarrassing; however, if I were honest with myself, I'm both glad I dropped to two books a month (rather than kept with the four books a month goal I've always signed up for), as well as glad that this is the year of the Laid Back Reading Plans.  Because I've already botched the first two months for Reading Assignment, and frankly, I'm actually quite okay with that.  Normally, I'd be quite upset with myself for not meeting all my goals in a timely manner.

I guess I'm slowly learning to lay off on the anal retentive need to finish every challenge with high scores... or whatever.  Or I just quit caring because I've been so tired.

In other news, with Booklikes looking more promising (the page loads have been satisfyingly quick), I may begin to cross-post there once more.  If you follow me on BL, look forward to a mass onslaught of book reviews to come...

Well... maybe, because I could end up getting lazy, y'know.

February Reads





Books Dropped/Put On Hold


None this month!  Yay!


Currently Reading




February Reading Stats

Total works read: 11
  • 7 print/e-book novels
  • 4 audio books

Average rating: 3.5 Stars
  • Highest Rated:  5 books // 4.0 Stars
    • (1) The Moon-spinners by Mary Stewart
    • (2) Tempted into Danger by Melissa Cutler
    • (3) Sweet Bea by Sarah Hegger
    • (4) At Close Range by Laura Griffin
    • (5) Falling Hard by Pamela Clare
  • Lowest Rated:  Highlander Claimed by Juliette Miller // 2.5 Stars

Series I started reading:
  • Clan McKenzie by Juliette Miller
  • ICE: Black Ops Defenders by Melissa Cutler
  • Sir Arthur's Legacy by Sarah Hegger
  • Heartbreaker Bay by Jill Shalvis
  • Fairy Tales by Eloisa James
Series I completed:
  • For Me by Cynthia Eden
Series I have made progress on:
  • Tracers by Laura Griffin
  • Colorado High Country by Pamela Clare

Favorite reads:  It actually looks like I had a lot of high rated, 4-Star reads, so February wasn't a bust, really.  My favorite reads for February, obviously, included Pamela Clare's newest release Falling Hard--I never get tired of Pamela and her lovely world of good people.  I also enjoyed The Search by Nora Roberts.  Even though other books were 4-Star reads, I don't know if I'd list them as personal favorites.  4.5-Star and higher is where I start my squealy, fangirl mode, honestly.

Disappointing reads:  While Highlander Claimed was the lowest rated book for February, I suppose I wasn't too entirely disappointed with it since I hadn't really gone into it expecting much.  Nonetheless, it wasn't what I was expecting.  But my biggest disappointment would probably be The Switch by Lynsay Sands, if only because I'm a huge fan of the cross-dressing trope, and when the story itself wasn't what I'd been expecting, I might had deflated a bit.


Reviews & Notable Posts

Reviews Written


Memes

  • None

Other Posts



Coming Up In March

Tentative TBR


Other Stuff

Once again, aside from 2017 being the year of the Laid Back Reading Plans, it is also the year that I try to clean up my messes, a.k.a., the year that I try my best to finish all those series I've started and left hanging.  I know that it doesn't help that I managed to start about five more series in February, but I've got a plan, and I really hope my plan pans out for me.  I figure if I hold myself accountable with a reading challenge, I can keep listing all the new series (and old) that need to be finished, and make myself keep up.

Otherwise, I really don't have any other plans for the next couple months, unless I stumble across another mini-challenge that looks tempting.

March will also mark the anniversary of Ani's Book Abyss at Blogspot!  Yay!  And no, I'm not planning anything special.  Maybe just a short "Yay Me!" post to make myself happy.


2017 Wrap-Ups 

Past Monthly Reading Wrap Ups
See Also: 2015 Reading Wrap-Up posts (scroll to bottom of page)

(updated as year progresses by month)
January | February | March | April | May | June
July | August | September | October | November | December



2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear so much of your month was spent battling fatigue and bronchitis, that doesn't sound good :(. I hope you feel better now. But that's nice you still got through some books thank to audiobooks.
    I read about 9 books in February and 13 in January as I read more novella's then. Novella's can really help to read more books. I had my first DNF this week, but besides that I had some good reads.
    Did you enjoy Sweet Little Lies? I am enjoying that series so far. I hope March is a good reading months for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm just glad it's all over now and I can breathe properly. :D

      Audiobooks have become a very nice addition to my reading diet, as I'm getting used to listening to them--I used to miss a lot when listening to an audio book, which made me wary of starting any unless I'd already read the book before. Now I love how convenient they are when you want to read something, but also have some chores you need to do at the same time, or other activities to deal with.

      I may have to pick up some novellas and short stories if I want to make my reading goal this year, but I'm still sticking to my Laid Back Reading Plans. lol

      Sweet Little Lies was simply Jill Shalvis excellent. Sometimes Shalvis can seem a bit repetitive in her story lines, but I always find her enjoyable. Also, there's a dog involved in this book, so bonus points!

      Delete