Saturday, September 29, 2018

Halloween Bingo 2018 | Update #2




Whelp, it looks like I'm lagging slightly behind, though I've made more progress than I thought I would, though less than I would have liked.  But we're moving along, and maybe I can channel some of that demon reading speed I had two years ago and find a way to Blackout this card.  Because at the rate I'm going, I'm not sure that's going to actually happen.

Meanwhile, as we can see from my new and fancy card below (!!), I apparently have no strategy or rhyme or reason to the books I'm reading.  We are nowhere even near one completed square, much less a Bingo.  So... I suppose I'll just continue on as is.

Meanwhile (redux), I'm hoping to finish reading The Color of Magic next, then start a new e-book, Sick of Shadows.  In truth, my reading plan really was to try to get a hold of and read and complete books I have to check out from the library first, if I can get my hands on them.  I figure I have plenty of time to get to books I already own.


Updated Marked Card:



So after much deliberation, I've decided to really personalize my card this year... and also because I just couldn't resist using this recent picture of our family dog.  I present to everyone the marker that will depict all of my Called Squares:

Dino Baby!  Rawr!

And that is the extent of my creativity this year... along with that tedious visual you see when you scroll down.  Because the markers for my Read Squares will simply be a book cover to set to the left side of the square as Dino Baby roars at it from the right side of the square.


Currently Reading:



FOR FOR


Squares/Books/Called Dates/Update Post Links:


Progress on my card:  12 squares called || 6 books read || 0 squares completed

Squares called that I do not have:
09/15/18 - Modern Masters of Horror
09/25/18 - Amateur Sleuth
09/29/18 - Supernatural

Halloween Bingo 2018: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Report Your Bingos!

October Group Read | Discussion Thread -- Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett (link coming soon)

Halloween Bingo 2018 | Update #1
It's Monday! Plus a Halloween Bingo Update, Just Because... | 09/17/2018

*And also, when I've posted them, the book covers will link to my reviews.


Called:
Read:  
Called:  09/21/18
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called: 09/09/18
Read:  
Called:
Read:  09/18/18
~*~*~*~
Called: 09/05/18
Read:  
Called: 09/03/18
Read:  
Called:  09/27/18
Read:  
Called: 09/17/18
Read:  
Called:
Read: 09/03/18
~*~*~*~
Called: 09/01/18
Read:  
Called: 09/23/18
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:  09/19/18
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
~*~*~*~
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  09/27/18
Called: 09/13/18
Read:  
~*~*~*~
Called:
Read:  09/24/18
Called: 09/11/18
Read:  
Called:
Read:  09/22/18
Called:
Read: 09/06/18
Called: 09/07/18
Read:  
Halloween Bingo 2018
Ani's Book Abyss



Wild Card Author:



I haven't decided which author to use as my Wild Card yet, but I've been considering using Nora Roberts, as she is a writer of a lot of crime thrillers, romantic suspense, and supernatural, including the Circle trilogy I've chosen for this year's bingo.

Other authors I'm also considering are: Susanna Kearsley, who writes Gothic with a bit of supernatural; Elizabeth Peters, who has a lot of cozy mysteries; or another obvious option, Agatha Christie!


No comments:

Post a Comment