Monday, September 17, 2018

It's Monday! Plus a Halloween Bingo Update, Just Because... | 09/17/2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself.  It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile!  So welcome in everyone.  This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey.  Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.  And here we are!


I've been pretty out of touch over the weekend, because of a lot of family things.  My big brother just got engaged and had a party for it.  There was food involved and lots of the happy!

There was partying and fun had by all, and also an appetizer called Bacon Crack that involved maple syrup, brown sugar, honey, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.  Unfortunately there is no photo to speak of because I pretty much demolished said appetizer before I thought to take a picture.  We'll compensate another time when I can figure out how to make this appetizer and show it off.  All we need to know is: Yummy!

Meanwhile, this meant that I didn't really have a whole lot of time to read... although to be fair, I DID spend a good amount of free time NOT DOING A DARN THING AT ALL!  During that time, I tried to read one of my Halloween Bingo books, but kept getting distracted by the four month old Bichon Frise my brother brought up with him while he was in town.

Everyone, meet Bear:


And just because I can, here's a double whammy of cute.  Here's a pic of the only few seconds that Bear and Baby weren't getting on each other's nerves.


You're all welcome!  =D


What I Read Last Week



My 'books read' for last week looked pretty pathetic.  But that's mainly because I found myself starting a million books instead of finishing anything.  And also, life happens.


What I'm Currently Reading




What I'm Planning to Read Next




Other Plans On the Blog

As far as Halloween Bingo goes, I'd been wanting to update every week, maybe on Fridays or Saturdays.  But with the weekend being so busy, that didn't happen this past weekend, so everyone get's the all-purpose 'It's Monday!' update post instead.  And also, it wasn't like I had a lot of update to make, being as how I'm still only at two books read despite all the many squares on my card that have been called.

My plans have pretty much been a bit mussed up.  But never fear, I'm not really going hardcore reading challenge go-getter this year, so I'm going to just aim to finish all the books I'm planning to read for Halloween Bingo, whether or not I finish them all within the allotted Halloween Bingo time.

I will probably have two new reviews ready to post sometime this week: for The Liar's Club series, and for The Name of the Star.  Meanwhile, I'm hoping to finish up Dance of the Gods at least by tomorrow, then work on Get Well Soon.  I'll be reading The Color of Magic on and off, though I'm hearing great things about it, so it might suck me in.  I need to find time for The Big Over Easy, and more importantly, I also need to get start on Valley of Silence as soon as I finish Dance of the Gods, if only because I need to get it read before it auto-returns to the e-book library next week.

Then I'm going to see about my next Halloween Bingo update, probably to be posted this coming Saturday, on 9/22.

Not... too much... right?


And just for kicks, here's my table/card visual aid if anyone's interested.



Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called: 09/09/18
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
~*~*~*~
Called: 09/05/18
Read:  
Called: 09/03/18
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called: 09/17/18
Read:  
Called:
Read: 09/03/18
~*~*~*~
Called: 09/01/18
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
~*~*~*~
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called: 09/13/18
Read:  
~*~*~*~
Called:
Read:  
Called: 09/11/18
Read:  
Called:
Read:  
Called:
Read: 09/06/18
Called: 09/07/18
Read:  
Halloween Bingo 2018
Ani's Book Abyss



No comments:

Post a Comment