Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Not Really a Review: Endless Night

Endless Night

by Agatha Christie
audio book narrated by Hugh Fraser

~ Goodreads ~

Rating:  3.5 Stars

When penniless Michael Rogers discovers the beautiful house at Gypsy’s Acre and then meets the heiress Ellie, it seems that all his dreams have come true at once.  But he ignores an old woman’s warning of an ancient curse, and evil begins to stir in paradise.  As Michael soon learns: Gypsy’s Acre is the place where fatal “accidents” happen.


Well... I certainly did not see that ending coming.  Though in hindsight, I am not so surprised, despite the fact that I'm not very well-versed in Agatha Christie novels.  This is only the third of hers I've read, and I'm not quite sure what to make of this one in particular.

Did I like it?  Did I not like it?  I don't know anymore.  That ending more than made up for the drag that was the beginning... and yet, I still haven't quite recovered yet.

Also, when I'd updated about the marriage between Mike and Ellie not ending well... this was NOT what I had been thinking would happen.

I am going to need to mull this one over, but more than likely, I won't come up with anything more to say.

Well played, Dame Agatha.  Well played.

Also, on a side note, Hugh Fraser is a wonderful narrator.  I will definitely be keeping him on my radar.






Halloween Bingo 2018
(any book that relates to bad luck, superstitions, including (but not limited to) black cats, ravens or crows, or the unlucky 13, either in the title, series, book cover or page count)


No comments:

Post a Comment