Of course, in the month of September, I DID sort of spend extra time finishing two books for a series I was adamant about finishing. So maybe if I pick up the pace, I'll be able to catch up. For one, this month was filled with books I had a hard time enjoying; however, since my stubborn streak is strong, I persevered. There are at least three or four books I have planned on for Halloween Bingo that I will be getting to in October, all of which are by authors I have enjoyed in the past--like, really, really enjoyed. And then I'm also considering reading a romantic suspense series involving serial killings or murder that will fit at least four squares for each book of the series.
Worst case scenario, I suppose, I can quickly search up a bunch of short stories just to fill squares... but I don't really want to do that. I'm not big on short stories anyway.
Books Dropped/Put On Hold
None this month! Yay!
September Reading StatsTotal works read: 8
- 7 print/e-book novels
- 1 audio book
Average rating: 2.69 Stars
- Highest Rated: The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson // 4.0 Stars
- Lowest Rated: Dance of the Gods by Nora Roberts // 2.0 Stars
Series I started reading:
- Nursery Crimes by Jasper Fforde
- Discworld by Terry Pratchett
- The Liar's Club by Celeste Bradley
- Circle trilogy by Nora Roberts
Favorite reads: It's quite unfortunate that the month of September had this year's lowest monthly book rating average, as you can see above. There was really only one book I enjoyed, and fortunately it was a very enjoyable book, so it's not like The Name of the Star became my favorite book by default... even if it sort of did.
Disappointing reads: The Splendour Falls was a book I was very much looking forward to, being by an author I've come to enjoy after reading two other of her books. Susanna Kearsley is great with her writing and imagery, but unfortunately, The Splendour Falls just didn't hold up very well. Meanwhile... if I really had to list all of my disappointing reads, then September will start looking even more pathetic.
Reviews & Notable Posts
- Serial Hottie by Kelly Oram | Review transfer
- Storm by Brigid Kemmerer | Review transfer
- Zodiac by Romina Russell | Revew transfer
- Lake Silence by Anne Bishop
- Liar's Club series by Celeste Bradley
- The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
- Get Well Soon by Jennifer Wright
- Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts
- The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima | Review transfer
- Collective Reading Updates: Get Well Soon
- Halloween Bingo 2018 | Update #1
- Random Reading Updates: The Big Over Easy
- Pre-Review Thoughts: The Splendour Falls
- Halloween Bingo 2018 | Update #2
- Halloween Bingo 2018 | Book Rambles at Mid-Game
Coming Up In October
Other StuffSeptember turned out a bit lacking in posts--at least more lacking than I'd been planning. I was hoping to be back in the blogging game, but one thing after another came up, and then I just simply got really lazy. With the fewer number of books read, I had fewer updates to make for Halloween Bingo, and so fewer posts went out.
I mean, I even desperately filled in one of the 'It's Monday!' memes just to have something to share.
Meanwhile, I'm really hoping to exponentially increase my number of books read for October, which will also hopefully give me things to blog about. As you can see for my tentative reads for October, I might be overshooting my ambitions a little bit... but that never hurts too much. At least not until I do my wrap up for the month and realize how far off the mark I ended up.
2018 Wrap-UpsPast Monthly Reading Wrap Ups (2016 / 2017)
See Also: 2015 Reading Wrap-Up posts (scroll to bottom of page)
(updated as year progresses by month)
January | February | March | April | May | June
July | August | September | October | November | December