Monday, October 8, 2018

Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- September 2018

So September didn't quite turn out the way I had planned, but it still wasn't too bad.  Unfortunately, at the rate I'm going for reads, I have the distinct feeling I will NOT be getting a Blackout for Halloween Bingo this year.  This strikes me as a little disappointing, because despite how overwhelmed I'd felt the previous two years, I still managed to finish a book for every square--and both years I even had time to read extra books.

Of course, in the month of September, I DID sort of spend extra time finishing two books for a series I was adamant about finishing.  So maybe if I pick up the pace, I'll be able to catch up.  For one, this month was filled with books I had a hard time enjoying; however, since my stubborn streak is strong, I persevered.  There are at least three or four books I have planned on for Halloween Bingo that I will be getting to in October, all of which are by authors I have enjoyed in the past--like, really, really enjoyed.  And then I'm also considering reading a romantic suspense series involving serial killings or murder that will fit at least four squares for each book of the series.

Worst case scenario, I suppose, I can quickly search up a bunch of short stories just to fill squares... but I don't really want to do that.  I'm not big on short stories anyway.


September Reads





Books Dropped/Put On Hold


None this month!  Yay!

Currently Reading




September Reading Stats

Total works read:  8
  • 7 print/e-book novels
  • 1 audio book

Average rating: 2.69 Stars
  • Highest Rated:  The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson // 4.0 Stars
  • Lowest Rated:  Dance of the Gods by Nora Roberts // 2.0 Stars

Series I started reading:
  • Nursery Crimes by Jasper Fforde
  • Discworld by Terry Pratchett
Series I completed:
  • The Liar's Club by Celeste Bradley
  • Circle trilogy by Nora Roberts
Series I have made progress on:
  • None

Favorite reads:  It's quite unfortunate that the month of September had this year's lowest monthly book rating average, as you can see above.  There was really only one book I enjoyed, and fortunately it was a very enjoyable book, so it's not like The Name of the Star became my favorite book by default... even if it sort of did.

Disappointing reads:  The Splendour Falls was a book I was very much looking forward to, being by an author I've come to enjoy after reading two other of her books.  Susanna Kearsley is great with her writing and imagery, but unfortunately, The Splendour Falls just didn't hold up very well.  Meanwhile... if I really had to list all of my disappointing reads, then September will start looking even more pathetic.


Reviews & Notable Posts

Reviews Written


Memes


Other Posts



Coming Up In October

Tentative TBR



Other Stuff

September turned out a bit lacking in posts--at least more lacking than I'd been planning.  I was hoping to be back in the blogging game, but one thing after another came up, and then I just simply got really lazy.  With the fewer number of books read, I had fewer updates to make for Halloween Bingo, and so fewer posts went out.

I mean, I even desperately filled in one of the 'It's Monday!' memes just to have something to share.

Meanwhile, I'm really hoping to exponentially increase my number of books read for October, which will also hopefully give me things to blog about.  As you can see for my tentative reads for October, I might be overshooting my ambitions a little bit... but that never hurts too much.  At least not until I do my wrap up for the month and realize how far off the mark I ended up.


2018 Wrap-Ups 

Past Monthly Reading Wrap Ups (2016 / 2017)
See Also: 2015 Reading Wrap-Up posts (scroll to bottom of page)

(updated as year progresses by month)
January | February | March | April | May | June
July | August | September | October | November | December


No comments:

Post a Comment