Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Back to School Freebie


Top Ten Tuesday is an original and weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


~~ Back to School Freebie ~~

~~ Required Reading: Books I Liked ~~


This week for Top Ten Tuesday, the topic is a Back to School Freebie.  To keep things simple, I'm just going to list the few books I'd spoken to my BFF about recently when we had a conversation about literary classics.  As we all know, high school English classes will typically force a bunch of classic literature down our throats, and whether we enjoy those books or not, we are required to read and finish, then analyze them.

I was never a great fan of the classics, to be honest.  And as I told my best friend:  There are only a few select books that I actually found I liked back in high school when it came to classic literature.  When college came around, there were even fewer books on our required reading list that I liked.


From High School

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Hamlet by William Shakespeare
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck


From College

Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer


Honorable Mention Classic That Actually Wasn't Required Reading

Dracula by Bram Stoker


I suppose I'm lucky to even have any books on this list.  I know that Into the Wild is probably not considered a classic read, but it was an assigned reading when I was in college.  The four listed above were assigned reading in high school that I liked.  Dracula was a book I read in middle school, chosen from a large list of recommended reading, for a book report.


No comments:

Post a Comment