Tuesday, April 25, 2017

BL-opoly | Fourth Roll Activities



Being in Jail gives Teddy Bear game piece a lot of time to think about stuff... like how the Ani Human should have stopped rolling after the second set of doubles.  And why Magnetic Monkey is visiting without honey cakes....

At least there are books to read...

Obviously I am not rolling again yet, and I won't be for a while.  I decided to just go ahead and read books for each square task I have landed on this turn.


Admittedly, I probably could just withdraw/check out the 200 pages I just read for the Prison Library on my last roll.  But for some reason, I'm not feeling that and would like to just finish reading False Memory while I'm stuck in Jail.  Since my last roll, I had 194 pages of False Memory left o read, so if I read another 106 of another book, I can serve my 300 page sentence and finally finish this drawn out reading of False Memory.

For some reason, because it's Dean Koontz, and because the book started getting a bit more exciting, I'm determined to finish it.

 

Meanwhile, I decided to listen to a short audio book, Storming the Castle by Eloisa James, a novella that takes place following the first Fairy Tales book, A Kiss At Midnight.  According to all the sources I've checked, Storming the Castle only has an e-book version, clocked at 138 pages.  As of right now, I've finished listening to it (review to be posted soon) and am going to move into finishing False Memory, both for a total of 332 pages, which will be enough to spring me from Jail.

So I'm going to leave the 200 pages I've already donated to the Prison Library alone, to be available for the next unfortunate player who ends up in Jail.


Meanwhile...

As I already stated, I've decided to go ahead and complete both of my reading tasks from the first two doubles rolled during this turn.

These are the books I have chosen:

 

  

Roll #4.1 netted me Adventureland 24, which gave me the opportunity to read Schoolgirl by DAZAI Osamu, a short novella, which is said to have garnered him great literary success, helping to catapult his career.

Admittedly, I already read it, as it is quite short, totaling 50 pages of a young girl's stream of conscience throughout her day, as she describes everything she notices around her, at the same time mind-meandering about a lot of the things she thinks about on a regular basis.  Her thoughts become quite thought-provoking, and at times it's hard to remember that she's only a young girl, if not for the almost juvenile, over-dramatic tone you can feel from those thoughts.

I read somewhere that this novella depicts a lot of Dazai-sensei's own ideals and thoughts, his misgivings, and doubts and sadness as he was growing up.

At 50 pages, Schoolgirl will add $1.00 to my Bank.  I will cash in after I get out of jail, and after I finish reading the other book.


Roll #4.2 brought me to Mystery Square 35.  And for this square, I decided to read Don't Look Away by Leslie A. Kelly, a book I've been wanting to read for a very long time already and has been sitting on my Kindle shelf for at least three or four years.  Don't Look Away is the first book in a Romantic Suspense duology, so I will have to find time to read the second book soon.

Don't Look Away is presented at 323 pages, which will increase my Bank by another $3.00 when I finish it.


Current Bank:  $26.00
  • Roll #1 (4/15):  A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn / 345 pages = $3.00
  • Roll #2 (4/17):  The Paris Assignment by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
  • Roll #3 (4/21):  False Memory by Dean Koontz // Donated 200 pages ($2.00) to the Jail Library
  • Roll #4 (4/23):  Rolled three doubles, ended up in Jail.  Bank to be updated after completion.
    • #4.1:  Schoolgirl by DAZAI Osamu / 50 pages = $1.00
    • #4.2:  Don't Look Away by Leslie A. Kelly / 323 pages = $3.00 -- TBR
    • #4.3:  300 pages of sentence to be served.
      • Storming the Castle by Eloisa James // 138 pages served -- completed
      • False Memory by Dean Koontz // 194 pages to be served -- in progress


No comments:

Post a Comment