Saturday, July 21, 2018

24in48 July 2018 Readathon: Hour Eight + Two Update



So basically an Hour Ten (and a half) Update!

Good Morning to everyone!!


Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


Although it IS almost noon and I probably could have clocked a couple more hours of reading before posting an update, I decided that I wanted to go ahead and get things rolling.  Also, I already had this post pre-drafted and ready to go after filling in the essential parts.  I didn't quite oversleep, though I didn't wake up at the hour I had intended to wake up.  When I finished my book at about 3:00 A.M., I knew that the Hour Eight update wasn't going to happen.

However, that doesn't matter all that much since I haven't read anything else since I've been up.

I'm working on some personal goals as well as readathon goals, and that included getting my butt in gear and jumping on a cardio workout this fine morning!  Next it'll be a shower, and then food!

Then, back to reading!

Meanwhile, I'm trying my hand at timing my reading this weekend and seeing how much I actually DO spend reading.  Previous years, I simply did a very rough guesstimate based on about what time I think I sat down to read, and about what time I think I stopped, then rounded to the nearest 0.5 hour.

This weekend, so far, starting a little after midnight, I started reading, then remembered my timer, so the minutes might be off by about one or two, but I'll take the hit.

According to my stop watch, the amount of time spent finishing up the second novella in Jill Shalvis's Harlequin Duet #57, listed below, was:  1:48:43.64.  So about 1 hour and 48 minutes.  I read 123 pages of the e-book.


Books Read


Blind Date Disasters / Eat Your Heart Out
by Jill Shalvis
286 pages / 163 pages read pre-marathon / 123 pages left to finish
-- 123 pages read in 1:48 hours @ Hour 10

As stated above, I had already read the first novella in this duet, and just needed to finish the second one, which I figured wouldn't take long considering how quickly I'd finished the first one.  I had wanted to finish it before the readathon started, but that didn't happen, but that's okay, because it'll just add to my readathon stats.



Currently Reading


Borrower of the Night
by Elizabeth Peters | narrated by Barbara Rosenblat
441 minutes / 68 minutes listened to pre-marathon / 373 minutes left to finish
-- 0 minutes listened to @ Hour 10

I don't typically get to audio books during readathons, but I'm listing this one here anyway just in case.  Who knows, maybe I'll spend a little bit of time on it when I'm doing some busy work that might come up.  Or if I suddenly decide to do some cooking.


All Night Long
by Jayne Ann Krentz
321 pages / 21 pages read pre-marathon / 300 pages left to finish
-- 0 pages read @ Hour 10

This is probably the longest I've ever let a Jayne Ann Krentz book sit after I started it, but to be fair, I usually like to read at work during down time, and it is kind of frowned upon to whip out a paperback for those purposes, so I stuck to e-books on my phone.  But rest assured, once I get started back into this book, we'll soon have another 300 pages to add to my stats.

I'm guesstimating a good eight hours before this one is complete, mainly because I'll probably get up a hundred times to either use the restroom, or make more food.


No comments:

Post a Comment