Sunday, July 22, 2018

24in48 July 2018 Readathon: Hour Twenty Four Update



Sleep is probably a good idea right now...


Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


So much for eight hour updates throughout the weekend.  I didn't even spend time reading the first half of the day after my last update, and instead immersed myself in food and television.  You always end up finding other things to do when you've made plans to do specific things.

Meanwhile, because I'd read zero pages of any book by the time my next planned update was supposed to go up, I decided just to skip it altogether and wait until I'd finished reading a good portion of All Night Long... the next thing I know, midnight is creeping up on me.

Anyway, I jumped right back into All Night Long, and as I'd predicted, being a Jayne Ann Krentz book and all, I just plowed through a good portion of it, reading 189 pages in 3:32:07, according to my stopwatch.  This brings me to a total of 312 pages read in 5:20:50.

5 hours and 20 minutes of reading...  I'd say not bad for my first 24in48 day, but that means I have about 19 hours of reading left to reach my ultimate goal.  I'm not sure that will actually happen, but I'm sure I'll at least make it halfway.

Yay me!


Books Read


Blind Date Disasters / Eat Your Heart Out
by Jill Shalvis
286 pages / 163 pages read pre-marathon
-- 123 pages read in 1:48 hours @ Hour 10





Currently Reading


Borrower of the Night
by Elizabeth Peters | narrated by Barbara Rosenblat
441 minutes / 68 minutes listened to pre-marathon / 373 minutes left to finish
-- 0 minutes listened to @ Hour 10
-- 0 minutes listened to @ Hour 24

Still working on this one...


All Night Long
by Jayne Ann Krentz
321 pages / 21 pages read pre-marathon / 300 pages left to finish
-- 0 pages read @ Hour 10
-- 189 pages read @ Hour 24

I foresee another two hours or so of reading to finish the rest of this book.  And yes, I fully intend to finish it before I go to sleep.  Mainly because it's getting exciting now and I'm loathe to stop any time soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment