Michelle and Berls @ Because Reading
I picked up a reading slump at the beginning of the year that kept finding hills and dips along the way. With only one book to read each month, I thought that I'd at least be able to make it with a perfect score this quarter, but alas, that did not happen. I finished reading one book in May, but it was not the book I had assigned for myself as part of this Reading Assignment Challenge.
June reading got better, but really only because I'm just randomly picking up books. It's making me wonder how my rest of the year will be affected. At least things look like they're picking up, and I managed to finish reading the last two Reading Assignment books on my list.
My Grade: I Made a B.
- April: Blood Surfer by Debra Jess -- 4/1/2018
- May: Mistress of Mellyn by Victoria Holt -- 6/3/2018
- June: The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn -- 6/5/2018
A SummaryAs stated above, my reading slump took a pretty big hit, and while I managed to finish all the books I had assigned for the Spring Semester, I almost didn't, really. Fortunately, June picked up, because May was seriously a disappointing month for me, all around.
The books were quick, easy reads, so that was a plus. All-in-all, the quarter could have been better.
A ForecastSo I'm sticking with my Reading Level from the first semester, which means I'll be choosing another six books for the last half of the year. I haven't entirely decided what order I will be reading each book, but here they are, and here is a link to my official choices:
2018 Reading Assignment | Fall Semester Book List!
1. New Year's Resolution: Romance! anthology -- Leslie Kelly, Tanya Michaels, Christie Ridgeway
2. The Prey by Allison Brennan
3. The Splendour Falls by Susanna Kearsley
4. Ghost Horse by Patricia Rosemoor
5. The Littlest Cowboy by Maggie Shayne
6. The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru Tanigawa