Monday, August 6, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading? | 8/6/2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself.  It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile!  So welcome in everyone.  This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey.  Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.  And here we are!


The truth is, I really just needed to have something to post.  So here's a random meme just to show everyone that I'm still present at Ani's Book Abyss.

I've actually been working on a lot of other posts that haven't been given scheduled publication dates yet.  And I've made a lot of progress on transferring reviews.

Otherwise, it's really just been a lot of reading books, back-to-back without giving myself enough time to stop and think about them.  It used to be that I would sit down and type out a short (or sometimes very long) piece whenever I finished a book.  These days, I'm too concerned about form and other stuff in my reviews that I feel like I'm taking the fun out of something I love.  So I'm making myself stop and just try to find that feeling again that made me love book blogging in the first place.

I'm sure I'll find it again.  I just need some time to just type when I feel like it... and not type when I don't.


What I Read Last Week




What I'm Currently Reading




What I'm Planning to Read Next




Other Plans On the Blog


I'm making myself consider whether or not I want to join this year's Halloween Bingo.  I've played every year since the first game and would feel quite upset with myself if I sat out just because I'm not sure what I'm doing with my reading and blogging life.  I think I'll just participate, but participate extremely passively.  And if I don't Blackout the card, I don't Blackout the card--it wouldn't be the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment