Thursday, August 2, 2018

Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- July 2018

Usually by the middle of the year, I have an idea of how well I'm doing with my reading challenge goals.  The most basic reading challenge with a simple numerical goal is usually the easiest one for me to work on... but only if I keep on track with my reading.  For the past few years my numerical reading challenge goal has been set at 150 books...

I'm not certain I'm going to be able to get that many books read by the end of the year--not with the progress I had made in the months of February through May.  Especially with only one book read in May.  Honestly, I should probably just adjust my goal and lower it to 100 books.  I think I could make 100 books by the end of the year.  Because even if I kept up with my reading starting this month, I would still have to read at least 24 books a month to make it to 150 by the end of the year.

That's not going to happen unless I start plowing through picture books and short stories and counting them as one book.  I could definitely run through some manga volumes...

Anyway, enough of my reading challenge woes.

July has been a great month as far as reading is concerned.  Blogging is still kind of rocky, even with the 24in48 updates I had.  But without the added pressure of reviewing every book I read, I'm actually doing better with my reading; I'm certainly enjoying myself more than I'd been at the beginning of the year.

July Reads




Books Dropped/Put On Hold


None this month!  Yay!


Currently Reading




July Reading Stats

Total works read:  14
  • 13 print/e-book novels
  • 1 anthology

Average rating: 3.39 Stars
  • Highest Rated:  4 books // 4.0 Stars
    • (1) Eclipse Bay by Jayne Ann Krentz
    • (2) Twist of Fate by Jayne Ann Krentz
    • (3) All Night Long by Jayne Ann Krentz
    • (4) Absolutely, Positively by Jayne Ann Krentz
  • Lowest Rated:  2 books // 2.5 Stars
    • (1) The Prey by Allison Brennan
    • (2) The Private Eye by Jayne Ann Krentz

Series I started reading:
  • Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier
  • Predator trilogy by Allison Brennan
  • Vicky Bliss by Elizabeth Peters
Series I completed:
  • Eclipse Bay by Jayne Ann Krentz
Series I have made progress on:
  • No progress made.

Favorite reads:  Obviously I spent the entire month on Jayne Ann Krentz, one of my go-to favorite authors.  And the highest rated books all belong to her.  Otherwise, this month has actually been pretty okay.

Disappointing reads:  The biggest disappointment I can think of would be the second novella in Jill Shalvis's duet collection of Blind Date Disasters / Eat Your Heart Out.  For reasons why, see my review linked below.  Other than that, none of the other books were entirely big disappointments... maybe The Prey by Allison Brennan.


Reviews & Notable Posts

Reviews Written


Memes


Other Posts



Coming Up In August

Tentative TBR



Other Stuff

After my Jayne Ann Krentz marathon-ing, it looks like I'm starting to pick up other authors more steadily again.  It feels pretty good to know that my reading slump has lifted and that I can jump back into the reading world the same way I'd been doing pre-slump.

Blogging is a completely different matter, and I think I'll just stick with playing it laid back.  Doing a couple 'It's Monday!' posts, and reviewing only when I feel like reviewing will probably be good for me for the time being.

I've got another Jayne Ann Krentz review for six more of her books lined up.  I've got another 'It's Monday!' post lined up.  I don't know what else I want to do, but I'm wondering if I'll be up for Halloween Bingo this year, as it seems like the Booklikes community is gearing up for the holiday.


2018 Wrap-Ups 

Past Monthly Reading Wrap Ups (2016 / 2017)
See Also: 2015 Reading Wrap-Up posts (scroll to bottom of page)

(updated as year progresses by month)
January | February | March | April | May | June
July | August | September | October | November | December



No comments:

Post a Comment