Thursday, December 27, 2018

24 Festive Tasks | Door 20: Christmas



(December 25)


Updates


12/27/2018:  Finished Task 1 and 2.  Completed Book Task.  3 points altogether.  I'm hoping to get one more point out of this door by watching a Christmas movie, but I'm not sure that will actually happen.


Task 1


Post a picture of your Christmas decorations.
-- COMPLETED 12/27/2018 --

I had to dig these out.  We haven't done Christmas decorations in our household since I was in high school and my elder brother put up a Christmas tree.  Afterwards, no one wanted to take it down, so it sat for another month before my parents finally got fed up with telling my brother to clean up the Christmas decorations and put it away.


Meanwhile, that didn't keep me from starting a collection of some Christmas decorations for a tree... now I just need a tree.  =P

Also, here's a dog cork decoration a coworker gave me this year to add to my collection.  It is currently hanging on my work locker for a little bit of holiday cheer!



Task 2


Tell us: If you could share Christmas dinner with any author (dead or alive), who would it be?
-- COMPLETED 12/27/2018 --

I think I'd love to share Christmas dinner with either J.K. Rowling or Susanna Kearsley.  Somehow I think they would have wonderful dinnertime conversation!  I'd love to ask them about their insights on their work, and I'd love to pick their brains about their naturally humorous character dialogues and interactions.


Task 3


Watch a favorite Christmas movie.
-- WORK IN PROGRESS --

Hmm... I haven't watched Love Actually in a very long time.  I think I might have to break it out.  Fun tidbit, I used to watch this movie every year during the holidays.  For some reason, I stopped at some point some years ago and I can't even pinpoint when exactly, nor why.


Task 4


Create or recreate a short text relating to Christmas (poem, carol, wish list, season’s greetings, etc.) from the titles of books on your bookshelves.
-- GONNA SKIP --

No reason.  Just skip.


Book Task


Read any Christmas book.
-- COMPLETED 12/24/2018 --


I managed to finish reading this one right before Christmas Day and had fun with it!  A review will be posted soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment