Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Reading Update for Furry Logic | Intro and Chapter 1

Furry Logic: The Physics of Animal Life

by Matin Durrani & Liz Kalaugher

~ Goodreads ~


Introduction:  Furry Physics
Chapter 1: Heat: The Warm-Up Chapter

I've been swamped with books and some non-bookish activities lately, so I hadn't really had time to make any updates, even though I've been thinking about it.

Mainly, I'm finding that Furry Logic isn't too bad, reading-wise.  It's an extremely chatty book with some rather lame attempts at humor, but ultimately, it's quite informative.  Unlike some of the previous Flat Book Society reads, I like that this book is more focused on its subject, despite the outline being a little meandering.

Colleagues and other biologists, as well as other persons of interests are mentioned here and there, and their contribution to the subject at hand is talked about.  But the authors refrain from inserting too much of their own interpretations of these people's personal lives, which I appreciate.

Overall, I AM finding this book rather informative and easy to read.  The badly executed humor is probably the biggest of this book's problems.  Otherwise, I'm finding this book pretty interesting in some aspects.


No comments:

Post a Comment