Saturday, March 2, 2019

Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- February 2019

Ahh...  February was a great month for reading.  More in tune with my usual numbers, even if not quite there yet.  I'm super happy about that especially since there was at least one book that was kind of slow going, and a lot of side distractions.  But with BookLikes Snakes and Ladders starting up, it makes a person want to finish books so what you can roll again for a new prompt.

The excitement is real!

In other news, we are done hosting my brothers doggy at our home, and after three weeks, Yogi will be going home.  I've become a little attached to him, so I'm really going to miss having him around the house.

I suppose we'll just have to visit at some point in the future, though that'll take some vacation planning since they live in a different state.


At least Baby can stop being jealous now.


February Reads




Books Dropped/Put On Hold


DROPPED

Currently Reading




February Reading Stats

Total works read: 11
  • 11 print/e-book novels

Average rating: 3.41 Stars
  • Highest Rated:  3 books // 4.0 Stars
    • (1) Lethal White by Robert Galbraith
    • (2) Lie by Moonlight by Amanda Quick
    • (3) Ride the Fire by Pamela Clare
  • Lowest Rated:  SEAL for Her Protection by Paige Tyler // 2.0 Stars

Series I started reading:
  • Copper Ridge by Maisey Yates
  • Nikolai duology by Leigh Bardugo
  • SEALs of Coronado by Paige Tyler
Series I completed:
  • Vanza by Amanda Quick
  • Blakewell/Kenleigh Family trilogy by Pamela Clare
Series I have made progress on:
  • Cormoran Strike by Robert Galbraith
  • Discworld by Terry Pratchett

Favorite reads:  The truth is, I didn't have any overly favorite books for February, but I did find a few particular books extra enjoyable, so I'm going with that.  The last books of the two series I finished this month, Lie by Moonlight by Amanda Quick, and Ride the Fire by Pamela Clare were exceptionally likable.  And I also enjoyed King of Scars, Lethal White, and Equal Rites.

Disappointing reads:  I was more or less disappointed with King of Scars as well, if only because I might have over-hyped myself and it wasn't what I'd expected.  I could probably say the same of SEAL for Her Protection, but to be honest, I didn't know what to expect from it.  Then there was Wicked Widow by Amanda Quick, which, despite having some of the usual Amanda Quick charm, wasn't exactly her best in work.


Reviews & Notable Posts

Reviews Written


Memes


Other Posts



Coming Up In March

Tentative TBR




Other Stuff

I haven't decided all the books I'll be reading in March yet, but the above are fairly certain.  One, because I just checked out Untouchable from the e-book library, so it will get read.  Two books for my Amanda Quick / Professor AuthorLuv Reading Assignment reads.  And two historical books chosen so far for the Professor Genre Reading Assignment reads.  I'm considering employing a random book draw for the last of the Professor Genre historical picks... mainly because I have at least three books I'm interested in reading and I can't seem to decide which one.

But, that's right!  We've got BookLikes Snakes and Ladders going, so obviously I'll be able to employ the game to help me choose what book to read next, right?  At least I hope so.

Lots of plans for this month including continuous updates for BL-SnL, continued 'It's Monday!' updates, and a few reviews being drafted and planned for posting.

I think I'm getting back into the groove of blogging, and I certainly hope this lasts for some time!


2018 Wrap-Ups 

Past Monthly Reading Wrap Ups (2016 / 2017)
See Also: 2015 Reading Wrap-Up posts (scroll to bottom of page)

(updated as year progresses by month)
January | February | March | April | May | June
July | August | September | October | November | December



No comments:

Post a Comment