Saturday, March 30, 2019

BookLikes Snakes and Ladders | Dice Roll #12

We're nearing the end of March and I have one last book to read for my Reading Assignment Challenge.  Which pretty much means that I mean to get my last Amanda Quick book read for the month no matter the prompt for my next Snakes and Ladders roll.

Meanwhile, the dreaded cold seems to have made its round to my household, and everyone around me is getting sick, myself included.  Though, fortunately, I seem to be recovering quite nicely.  Nonetheless, I shall take advantage of this time to lay back on my couch with a comfy microfiber throw, a cup of honeyed tea, and a few snacks, as I finish reading my book.

Onward to the next dice roll!



BookLikes Snakes and Ladders


Is this not just THE luckiest roll ever!  With a roll of 4 + 6 = 10, I landed on Square 79: 'Main character is a woman.'  This square is a guaranteed two dice roll just because of all the romance books I read.  Even the historical mysteries I've been reading are mainly female protagonists!


Of course, the book has two main characters as a romance novel, one male and one female, but I'm still going to count it.  After all, it's not like they aren't allowed to share, right?  With this, I'm a little further up the board, and slowly making my way to the end.  With a new month around the corner, I'll have more options open to me without feeling like I'm running out of time to meet reading obligations.

So off we go!  Wee!


Currently Reading




Books Read Pending Square Selection


Nothing here!


My Progress


Dino Baby Snakes and Ladders Marker
"I 'Rawr', but I do it my way."

Dates for each dice roll corresponds with respective update post.
Book titles link to reviews if written.
Completed books' covers (read and used for squares) following table.

Date Dice Roll Square/Prompt Book Title / Author Fits Square?
02/20
na
1.  Author is a woman Sweet Release by Pamela Clare Yes
02/22 (#1)
(2 + 4)
6
7.  Author's last name begins with the letters A, B, C, or D. Carnal Gift by Pamela Clare Yes
02/24 (#2)
(2 + 3)
5
12.  Author's last name begins with the letters T, U, V, W, X, Y, or Z. SEAL for Her Protection by Paige Tyler Yes
02/27 (#3)
(2 + 4)
6
18.  Set in a school Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger Yes
03/09 (#4)
(4 + 5)
9
27.  Set during WWI or WWII Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld Yes
03/12 (#5)
(5 + 6)
11
38.  Newest release by a favorite author Untouchable by Jayne Ann Krentz Yes
03/12 (#6) (3 + 5)
8
46.  A book that has been on your tbr for more than two years Slightly Shady by Amanda Quick Yes
03/16 (#7)
(5 + 6)
11
57.  Was published more than 50 years ago Thunder on the Right by Mary Stewart Yes
03/16 (#8)
(4 + 4)
8
65. Snake - go back to 52 n/a n/a
03/16
snake
52.  Has a tree or flower on the cover The Dragon and the Pearl by Jeannie Lin Yes
03/19 (#9)
(2 + 5)
7
59.  Was published more than 10 years ago Ride the Fire by Pamela Clare Yes
03/19 (#10)
(2 + 5)
7
66.  Part of a series that is more than 10 books long Murder on Astor Place by Victoria Thompson Yes
03/24 (#11)
(1 + 2)
3
69.  Something related to travel on the cover A Most Extraordinary Pursuit by Julana Gray Yes
03/30 (#12)
(4 + 6)
10
79.  Main character is a woman Don't Look Back by Amanda Quick Yes
TBA
TBA
TBA
TBA



No comments:

Post a Comment