Monday, September 2, 2019

Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- August 2019

August felt like it started off pretty strong with the end of Booklikes-opoly, but I think things tapered off as the anticipation for Halloween Bingo 2019 started building up.  I had wanted to insert another book after finishing Death in the Stocks... but didn't want to be stuck trying to finish a non-Halloween Bingo book when Halloween Bingo officially started.

So instead, I spent my time watching YouTube videos, creating new planner layouts for the rest of the year, and taking up habit tracking as a new thing.  If anyone is curious about what I've been up to, I blogged about it in my Bout of Books 26 Wrap Up post.  There are photos involved and other links as well.

Meanwhile, now that September has started, so has Halloween Bingo 2019, and I'm pumped and already ecstatic about having finished two books already.  I hope I can keep up this pacing, but I'm sure my reading will be sporadic.  But no worries, there are a lot of books I'm really looking forward to reading, so I'm optimistic!


August Reads




Books Dropped/Put On Hold



None this month!  Yay!

Currently Reading




August Reading Stats

Total works read: 7
  • 4 print/e-book novels
  • 1 audio books
  • 2 novellas

Average rating: 3.14 Stars
  • Highest Rated:  3 books // 3.5 Stars
    • (1) Lethal Lifestyles by LynDee Walker
    • (2) Necessary Force by D.D. Ayres
    • (3) Open Season by Linda Howard
  • Lowest Rated:  Storm Front by Jim Butcher // 2.5 Stars

Series I started reading:
  • The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
  • Inspectors Hannasyde & Hemmingway by Georgette Heyer
Series I completed:
  • None
Series I have made progress on:
  • Nichelle Clarke Crime Thriller by LynDee Walker


Reviews & Notable Posts

Reviews Written


Memes

  • Did not meme this month!

Other Posts



Coming Up In September

Tentative TBR




Other Stuff

So I'm going to try to keep up with my Halloween Bingo updates as well as I can, but the main goal will just be to read and review.  I've been working on setting up how my tracking page will look, but I think I might end up falling back on some old, tried and true stuff I've used before.

Meanwhile, there should be another review coming up soon, and I'm also still going to do a mid-Bingo summary as well as an end-of-Bingo summary in October.  Otherwise, I don't really have a whole lot of plans for the next two months outside of reading, reading, and reading some more!  =D


2019 Wrap-Ups 

Past Monthly Reading Wrap Ups (2016 / 2017 / 2018)
See Also: 2015 Reading Wrap-Up posts (scroll to bottom of page)

(updated as year progresses by month)
January | February | March | April | May | June
July | August | September | October | November | December



No comments:

Post a Comment