Saturday, June 4, 2016

My TBR List -- June 2016 Voting


My TBR List is a monthly meme hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading.
The basic gist of this activity is to have others help decide on which book out of three I'm selecting from my TBR pile I should read for the month via votes.  The posts will be published on the first two Saturdays (voting and winning book announcement, respectively), and the winning book review will be posted on the last Saturday of the month.
Click on the above links for more information.

Join This Month's My TBR List -- June 2016
(link coming soon)


This month's My TBR List will be the June 2016 Reading Assignment edition--the three books selected to be voted on below are all from my 2016 Reading Assignment book list.  I'm going to let go of my own reading schedule for the Reading Assignment this month and let everyone else choose one of my Reading Assignment books.

I had already decided on two of them, the winning My TBRL book will be the third, and then the fourth may or may not be one of these three books as well... or I could decide otherwise and choose yet another book.

We'll see where my reading mood takes me.

There is no rhyme or reason to why these three books were chosen... except maybe that two of them have the word "Hanover" in it.

Thanks to everyone for stopping by and voting!

Also, I will be out of town next weekend and might not be able to post the winning book announcement next Saturday.  The post will more than likely go up on Monday, unless I am able to pre-schedule it somehow.  Thanks!


The Books




The Hanover Square Affair by Ashley Gardner
-- Book 1 of Captain Lacey Mystery series

London, 1816
Cavalry captain Gabriel Lacey returns to Regency London from the Napoleonic wars, burned out, fighting melancholia, his career ended. His interest is perked when he learns of a missing girl, possibly kidnapped by a prominent member of Parliament. Lacey's search for the girl leads to the discovery of murder, corruption, and dealings with a leader of the underworld. He faces his own disorientation transitioning from a soldier's life to the civilian world at the same time, redefining his role with his former commanding officer and making new friends--from the top of society to the street girls of Covent Garden.




Icebound by Dean Koontz
The arctic night is endless. The fear is numbing. Screams freeze in the throat. Death arrives in shades of white. Cold-blooded murder seems right at home...

A secret Arctic experiment becomes a frozen nightmare, when a team of scientists are set adrift on an iceberg--with a murderer in their midst, and a massive explosive charge only hours away from detonation.





Hanover House by Brenda Novak
-- Prequel (Book # 0.5) of The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles

Welcome to Hanover House...

Psychiatrist Evelyn Talbot has dedicated her life to solving the mysteries of the antisocial mind. Why do psychopaths act as they do? How do they come to be? Why don’t they feel any remorse for the suffering they cause? And are there better ways of spotting and stopping them?

After having been kidnapped, tortured and left for dead when she was just a teenager—by her high school boyfriend—she’s determined to understand how someone she trusted so much could turn on her. So she’s established a revolutionary new medical health center in the remote town of Hilltop, Alaska, where she studies the worst of the worst.

But not everyone in Hilltop is excited to have Hanover House and its many serial killers in the area. Alaskan State Trooper, Sergeant Amarok, is one of them. And yet he can’t help feeling bad about what Evelyn has been through. He’s even attracted to her. Which is partly why he worries.

He knows what could happen if only one little thing goes wrong...



Let's Vote!

**For BookLikes members reading this in the BookLikes dashboard view:  Click here to generate the voting box on another page if you would like to vote.  I don't know why the voting box doesn't show, though it appears in blog view just fine.

**For everyone else voting via BookLikes blog view or at the Book Abyss's Blogspot home:  You may ignore the above tangent.  The voting box shows just fine.

Again, thank you for stopping by and voting!




Previous My TBR List months at Ani's Book Abyss can be found at the Bookish Memes page.


14 comments:

  1. This one was easy for me. I read and really enjoyed Hanover House so I picked that one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's good to know! I DO like Brenda Novak, so I'm hoping I'll enjoy this one, too. Thanks for voting!

      Delete
  2. I went with Hanover House, I like the sound of the synopsis! I hope whichever one wins you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted for Icebound, it sounds creepy and like a fast-paced read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I hope it's everything I love about Dean Koontz! Thanks for voting!

      Delete
  4. I had to do "ini mini miny mo" because I couldn't decide. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I seem to be doing that for almost everyone else's TBR voting this month. Thanks for voting!

      Delete
  5. I voted for Hannover House by Brenda Novak as that's the only one of these three that I had heard of before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Hanover Square Affair for me!

    ReplyDelete