Sunday, January 28, 2018

24in48 January 2018 Readathon: Hour Thirty-Five and a Half Update



The second update!  Because I've been lazy...


Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


So after posting my first 24in48 update, I promptly went to cook myself some food, fully intending to eat and read at the same time.  And because I over-estimated myself, I thought I would also open up my video game and play passively at the same time.  But then my brother logged into the game and we ended up sucked into it for hours.

The only time I could read were during really, really passive-play times.  And so, while I spent more time than I like playing, I DID manage to get about two hours, scattered, of reading done with Siren's Call.

That is all.  There must be something about readathon weekends that just doesn't allow me to make time to read.  I mean, I could make time, but I always end up doing something else.  Le sigh...

Meanwhile, my snack plans were still useful, I suppose.  Chips, popcorn shrimp... we didn't actually have pizza rolls.  But since I'm craving pizza rolls, there's a high chance I will end up going out and getting some before the rest of the day is over.


Books Read


No books were finished since the last update.


Currently Reading


The Heir by Grace Burrowes | 455 pages
-- 0 pages read in 0 hours

To be honest, I'm not really getting into this book, so the likelihood I will actually read any of it during this weekend is kind of slim.  Still, it is still one of the books I'm currently reading, so on the off-chance that I decide I'm going to give it a go, I'll go ahead and list it here.




Then Came You by Jill Shalvis | 572 minutes
-- 0 minutes listened to

I like having an audio book going for anytime I think I'm going to need to use my hands and my focus for something else for some time.  If I'm doing some passive, mindless activity, like blogging or playing video games, then these handy little lovelies are wonderful.

Of course, I'm also not quite enjoying this particular Jill Shalvis book... yet.  I do hope it picks up soon, but I'm starting to feel a bit wary of our main couple, and I'm only a little over an hour into the book...


Siren's Call by Jayne Castle | 232 pages
-- 68 pages read in ~2 hours

I had fully intended to give this book a full hour of reading after I woke up this morning.  But then I started blogging and time got away from me.  So I ended up only devoting about half an hour, if that at all, to this book.  It was probably more like 20 minutes, but details...


No comments:

Post a Comment