Saturday, January 27, 2018

Read-a-thon: 24in48 January 2018 Starts Now!


Er... well, maybe a couple hours ago.  But late is better than not!!

Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


I had fully intended to start at midnight and get a couple hours of reading done before I passed out.  But then I got sucked into a video game with the brothers, and then time got away from me.  Nonetheless, I DID try to sneak a few paragraphs of one of my books in every few pauses in the gaming!  I'm planning on passing out within minutes of posting this update, and then starting fresh in the morning... or mid-morning, I suppose.

I have the whole weekend off!  However, I have to be up early for work on Monday, so that means that I will probably cut off my reading around 9:00 P.M. or 10:00 P.M., CST on Sunday night.  Oh well, hopefully that'll still give me enough time to get at least one and half books read.  Because that always seems to be the extent of my accomplishments for 24in48 thus far.

Currently I'm reading...


My main goal this readathon is basically to make progress on the books from one of two different series: either the last two, currently available books of the Harmony series by Jayne Castle, or the last two books of the Tremaine Tradition series by Kylie Brant.  I'm not sure in which direction I'm going, but I've checked out both Siren's Call and Illusion Town from the library, and so it is more likely I'm going that way!

Hopefully I'll be able to finish reading one, if not two, of the books.


Readathon Hopefuls:


What's everyone else reading this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment