Saturday, January 13, 2018

Ani's 2018 Reading Challenges | With a short 2017 reflection



For the most part, 2017 was actually a pretty productive year for my reading challenges, save for the snafu's of a couple of months at the beginning and end of the year.  For some summaries, progress, and updates, you can check out all the challenges I participated in at my 2017 Reading Challenges summary page.

It's honestly really hard to do, making myself not spend so much time obsessing over my reading challenge goals.  For 2017, I kept having to tell myself to take a more laid back approach, don't participate in too many challenges, follow my own reading moods... and so on.  But then another new reading challenge would catch my attention, and the next thing I know, I'm lost.

So... for 2018, I really think my best bet is just... to make some goals, and see where they all go.  I failed my Reading Assignment challenge for the first time since I started participating, and it didn't feel like the end of the world.  So maybe I can truly start to take a more laid back approach towards my reading challenges for 2018.

Just make the goals.  Then see where the year takes me.


Goodreads Reading Challenge

My Goal:  150 books
GR shelf:  2018 Reading Challenge


2018 Reading Assignment Challenge

hosted by Michelle and Berls @ Because Reading is better than real life
Spring Semester Goal:  Reading Level 1 // 12 books (1 books/month)
Fall Semester Goal:  TBR
GR shelf:  2018 Reading Assignment Challenge
My 2018 Reading Assignment Challenge Summary Page


2018 Mount TBR Challenge

hosted by My Reader's Block
My Goal:  Mount Vancouver -- Read 36 books from your TBR pile/s
GR shelf:  2018 Mt TBR Pile Challenge


2018 Personal Series Challenge

My tentative book list and challenge announcement
Goal #1:  Finish/Catch Up With 10 series, already started
Goal #2:  Read/Catch Up With 10 series, new to me
Goal #3:  Read 10 1st in a series books


2018 Author Love Challenge

hosted by Michelle and Berls @ Because Reading is better than real life
Author Chosen:  Jayne Ann Krentz
Goal:  Read 12 Books


***

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment