Thursday, June 13, 2019

Booklikes-opoly 2019 | Roll #8

Booklikes-opoly
@ Booklikes, the book blogging social platform


Today's BL-opoly update is brought to you by the "Baby and Bear Saga," closing in on Week Two!


Please ignore the dirty kitchen rug and my father's pajama-clad legs.  The pups are getting along a lot better now, up until the point where Baby decides he's done sharing his toys, his space, and his humans.  This seems to be a back and forth thing, as sometimes Baby seems to be fine with Bear playing with his toys, but other times he wants his toys back.

Yeah... we DO kind of spoil that one.

And meanwhile, Bear is just his happy-go-lucky self, climbing chairs and tables, sitting outside on the deck contemplating life, and just being all around adorable!  He also likes to use your lap, your stomach, or your legs as his sitting spots.  Right now, we've discovered that when he climbs on top of my legs and then drapes himself over the armrest of the couch I'm next to, it means he's getting tired, and, well, puppy needs his nap time.



And now back to our regularly scheduled BL-opoly update!

So it's been three days since my last roll, so I'm definitely ready to roll again.  I read The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru Tanigawa for the European Vacation 33 square, which took a bit longer than I'd expected for a 212 page book.  I added $3 to my bank and ended up with $50!

I'll have a review out soon, but as is typical of these Haruhi Suzumiya books, this one was both strange and strangely enjoyable.

Moving onto Roll #8:


As we can see, I rolled a 5, which took me passed GO, gaining my $5, and landing on School's Out For Summer 1.  As we can see the card pretty clearly, I won't reiterate what it says, but this particular task will take some thought.


I sometimes wish I knew what Monkey is trying to do... but then I remind myself that maybe sometimes I don't want to know.  Meanwhile, the stars are filling in on Penni's gameboard, and we're taking this simple roll as an opportunity to relax and play with Keychain Puppy!


Since I rolled before I went to work, I didn't get a chance to post anything earlier.  Meanwhile, I went ahead and started looking for possible books for this square while I was there.  Determined to read something that I already owned, I went through all of my Kindle shelves and considered reading Juliet Marillier's Dreamer's Pool, but when I looked it up, I wasn't a hundred percent sure that it was considered a YA book.

My other options had been Wonder Woman by Leigh Bardugo, A Darker Shade of London by V.E. Schwab, Prep School Confidential by Kara Taylor, Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine...  all a bunch of YA books that have been languishing on my Kindle shelves because I just haven't been in the mood for YA in a long time...

... and then I came across Going Rogue by Robin Benway, a book I'd been meaning to read for a very, very long time now.


So I started reading it to see how I felt, and immediately recalled why I had loved the first book when I read it years ago.  So I'm choosing this one, guys!  =D

Going Rogue by Robin Benway is 321 pages, Kindle version, which will get me $3 upon completion.


Novelty Cards Currently In My Pocket




My Progress


Current Bank:  $55
Prison Library Donation:  0 pages
Books Read:  7
Pages Read:  2,411

Table notes:
*Dates link to corresponding dice roll updates / other links for related activities included.
*Book titles link to reviews if written.
*Page/Cash values in parentheses are still pending reads/ not yet cashed out.

Date
(Roll #)
Dice Roll Space/Prompt Book Title / Author Pages Cash
5/20 Game Start $20
#1 5 The Silk Road:
Read a book set in any of the 40 countries along Silk Road, or by an author from any of those countries.
Hard Target by Pamela Clare 261 $3
5/22
#2a 8 Novelty Card Robot -- save for later
(Create a numbered list of ten books, and let a random number generator pick for you)
n/a n/a n/a
#2b 4 Mountain Cabin 16:
Read a book that is considered mystery/suspense genre, or which has a title that contains all of the letters in the word C-A-B-I-N.
Tightrope by Amanda Quick 320 $3
5/25 See Also: Roll #3 and Memorial Day Bonus Roll Activities
#3 5 The Lake House 20:
Read a book that features a dog or which has a dog on the cover; or that is set in an area known for its lakes or on a fictional lake.
Run to Ground by Katie Ruggle312$3
Memorial Day Bonus Rolls
#4 7 The Summer Blockbuster 27:
Read a book that features a hero's journey or is a Bildungsroman (coming of age tale); or that has a word related to space in the title (i.e., star, planet, rocket).
Wolfskin by Juliet Marillier 516 $5
#5 9 European Vacation 35:
Read a book set in Europe; or that was written by an author who was born in Europe; or that involves travel by boat or that has a picture of a ship on the cover.
A Grave Matter by Anna Lee Huber 433 $5
6/8
#6a 10 Pass Go:  Collect $5! n/a n/a $5
Novelty Card Race Car -- save for later
(Race around the game board to the space of your choosing and read!)
n/a n/a n/a
#6b 11 Mountain Cabin 18:
Read a book that is set west of the Mississippi in the USA, or that was written by an author who comes from that region, or that is considered part of the Western genre.
Stone Cold Heart by Laura Griffin 357 $3
6/10
#7a 7 BL Square:  Spin the Wheel Decide n/a n/a n/a
Wheel Decide:  Take one extra roll n/a n/a n/a
#7b 10 European Vacation 33:
Read a book set in the UK, or that was written by an author whose first or last name begins with any letter in the word L-O-N-D-O-N.
The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru Tanigawa 212 $3
6/13
#8 5 Pass Go:  Collect $5! n/a n/a $5
School's Out For Summer 1:
Read a book that appears on any school related "summer reading list," or that is identified as YA or MG
Going Rogue by Robin Benway (321) ($3)
TBA
TBA



No comments:

Post a Comment