Monday, June 10, 2019

Booklikes-opoly 2019 | Roll #7

Booklikes-opoly
@ Booklikes, the book blogging social platform


Romantic suspense books are always quick reads for me and Stone Cold Heart by Laura Griffin, which I read for my previous roll, was no different.  This book was read for Mountain Cabin 18, fitting into the part of the square prompt as a "book that is set west of the Mississippi", taking place in Texas.  Stone Cold Heart was 357 pages, which netted me $3 to add onto my bank total, bringing it to $47.

I'll have a review out soon, though I'm having a bit of trouble gathering my thoughts--in short, Stone Cold Heart was another intriguing entry into Laura Griffin's Tracers series... but it doesn't stray far from her usual formula.  It was still enjoyable and entertaining, which is all I really ask for, so no real complaints, to be honest.

My next roll ended up being another two-fold one, so let's get on with it, shall we?

Roll #7 ended up being Roll #7a when I rolled a 7 and landed on the BL Square, which says to "Spin the Wheel Decide."


And so I went to my summary page (link above) where I have the Wheel Decide conveniently embedded for easy access, and happily spun the wheel since I've been wanting to do so for a long time now.  =D


Meanwhile, on the live board game...


Lookin' lively!  Everyone's happy!  That's all I ask for, right?  I mean, taking an extra roll is serious business, y'all.

So when Monkey's blessing, I move onto my extra roll for this turn...


Roll #7b gave me a 10 and sent me to European Vacation 33.  Ahh, I'm quite happy with this square.


And apparently so is the rest of the gang!  I'm glad you all approve!  Monkey's cheering, Puppy look ecstatic... and I'm not sure Penni ever looks anything but excited, but that's what makes her so much fun to have around, right?


I'm entirely happy with this latest square because it allows me the chance to read a book I'm hoping to get to so I can knock out a monthly requirement for Reading Assignment 2019's Summer Semester!  I'm so, so excited!


The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya is written by author Nagaru Tanigawa, in which the romanization of said author's given name (or first name) starts with an 'N', which fits in with the 'LONDON' prompt above.  I'm all for that!  The paperback of this book that I own is 212 pages, which will net me $3, and upon completion will bring my sum total bank to $50!

That wasn't quite as complicated a roll as I'd thought it'd be when I first rolled my dice.  So, cheers everyone!  I'm off to start my book now!


Meanwhile, let's stare at puppy as he stares at nothing in particular, while enjoying a nice breeze that came about in between some sweltering weather lately.


Novelty Cards Currently In My Pocket




My Progress


Current Bank:  $47
Prison Library Donation:  0 pages
Books Read:  6
Pages Read:  2,199

Table notes:
*Dates link to corresponding dice roll updates / other links for related activities included.
*Book titles link to reviews if written.
*Page/Cash values in parentheses are still pending reads/ not yet cashed out.

Date
(Roll #)
Dice Roll Space/Prompt Book Title / Author Pages Cash
5/20 Game Start $20
#1 5 The Silk Road:
Read a book set in any of the 40 countries along Silk Road, or by an author from any of those countries.
Hard Target by Pamela Clare 261 $3
5/22
#2a 8 Novelty Card Robot -- save for later
(Create a numbered list of ten books, and let a random number generator pick for you)
n/a n/a n/a
#2b 4 Mountain Cabin 16:
Read a book that is considered mystery/suspense genre, or which has a title that contains all of the letters in the word C-A-B-I-N.
Tightrope by Amanda Quick 320 $3
5/25 See Also: Roll #3 and Memorial Day Bonus Roll Activities
#3 5 The Lake House 20:
Read a book that features a dog or which has a dog on the cover; or that is set in an area known for its lakes or on a fictional lake.
Run to Ground by Katie Ruggle312$3
Memorial Day Bonus Rolls
#4 7 The Summer Blockbuster 27:
Read a book that features a hero's journey or is a Bildungsroman (coming of age tale); or that has a word related to space in the title (i.e., star, planet, rocket).
Wolfskin by Juliet Marillier 516 $5
#5 9 European Vacation 35:
Read a book set in Europe; or that was written by an author who was born in Europe; or that involves travel by boat or that has a picture of a ship on the cover.
A Grave Matter by Anna Lee Huber 433 $5
6/8
#6a 10 Pass Go:  Collect $5! n/a n/a $5
Novelty Card Race Car -- save for later
(Race around the game board to the space of your choosing and read!)
n/a n/a n/a
#6b 11 Mountain Cabin 18:
Read a book that is set west of the Mississippi in the USA, or that was written by an author who comes from that region, or that is considered part of the Western genre.
Stone Cold Heart by Laura Griffin 357 $3
6/10
#7a 7 BL Square:  Spin the Wheel Decide n/a n/a n/a
Wheel Decide:  Take one extra roll n/a n/a n/a
#7b 10 European Vacation 33:
Read a book set in the UK, or that was written by an author whose first or last name begins with any letter in the word L-O-N-D-O-N.
The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru Tanigawa (212) ($3)
TBA
TBA



No comments:

Post a Comment