Sunday, June 16, 2019

Booklikes-opoly 2019 | Roll #9

Booklikes-opoly
@ Booklikes, the book blogging social platform


I finished Going Rogue for my previous roll, mere minutes after midnight into the 16th, so I get to roll again today.  Going Rogue is one of few YA books I've read in a long time, and it was quite enjoyable!  It also got me $3 for it's 321 pages, which now brings me to a whoppin' $58!  In spite of that temporary drag I had with one of my earlier books, I think I'm making some great progress!

I'll have a short review for Going Rogue posted within the week, hopefully.

The rest of this update is written in a bit of a rush, so please excuse any typos you may come across.  It's a busy, busy day today, but I still wanted to get this post out as soon as I could.  Even as I say that, I still managed to comb through it once already, as my super anal retentive attention to detail wouldn't let me NOT edit it at least once before publishing.


This next roll got me a 10, and landed me on Beach Week 10.  And this one seems like a fairly easy square to fulfill since I'd already made a list of a bunch of authors I have books for that would fit the 'BEACH' criteria above.


It's like we go back and forth between questionable Monkey poses to a quieter Zen Monkey, but whaddya gonna do?  He certain keeps things interesting, that's for sure.


As far as books for this particular square, I haven't quite made a decision yet.  Having gone through five months of historical fiction, I'm actually looking to read something more contemporary, of the romantic suspense variety.  And I'm looking at reading something with a crime thriller basis, rather than a military romance.  Or at least something with more of a murder mystery bent, so it might take some time before I make a decision.  Hopefully, I'll come up with something before the end of the day, or at least by tomorrow.

Most importantly, I'm trying really hard to stick with books I already own, so while I have a lot of possible authors to choose from... well, I have a lot of authors to choose from.  Decisions are hard, man!

So on that note, since I know you all are expecting more on the "Baby/Bear Saga."  =D


This was actually an earlier picture from the first week that Bear was here with us.  I'd just gotten home from work and the two of them greeted me at the top of the stairs, something I always love seeing!  But hey, they look like they're getting along in this picture, even if it's a lie.

Fortunately, the two of them are a lot better now.  And unfortunately, I don't have any newer pictures.  My brother and his fiancee are in town and have picked up bear for the weekend to stay with them at her parents' house.  But Bear will be back with us soon, as my brother and his fiancee are still tied up with a lot of last minute work obligations they need to finish up before their wedding and following honeymoon.

So stay tuned!  Bear is always up to some sort of antic or another!


Novelty Cards Currently In My Pocket




My Progress


Current Bank:  $58
Prison Library Donation:  0 pages
Books Read:  8
Pages Read:  2,732

Table notes:
*Dates link to corresponding dice roll updates / other links for related activities included.
*Book titles link to reviews if written.
*Page/Cash values in parentheses are still pending reads/ not yet cashed out.

Date
(Roll #)
Dice Roll Space/Prompt Book Title / Author Pages Cash
5/20 Game Start $20
#1 5 The Silk Road:
Read a book set in any of the 40 countries along Silk Road, or by an author from any of those countries.
Hard Target by Pamela Clare 261 $3
5/22
#2a 8 Novelty Card Robot -- save for later
(Create a numbered list of ten books, and let a random number generator pick for you)
n/a n/a n/a
#2b 4 Mountain Cabin 16:
Read a book that is considered mystery/suspense genre, or which has a title that contains all of the letters in the word C-A-B-I-N.
Tightrope by Amanda Quick 320 $3
5/25 See Also: Roll #3 and Memorial Day Bonus Roll Activities
#3 5 The Lake House 20:
Read a book that features a dog or which has a dog on the cover; or that is set in an area known for its lakes or on a fictional lake.
Run to Ground by Katie Ruggle312$3
Memorial Day Bonus Rolls
#4 7 The Summer Blockbuster 27:
Read a book that features a hero's journey or is a Bildungsroman (coming of age tale); or that has a word related to space in the title (i.e., star, planet, rocket).
Wolfskin by Juliet Marillier 516 $5
#5 9 European Vacation 35:
Read a book set in Europe; or that was written by an author who was born in Europe; or that involves travel by boat or that has a picture of a ship on the cover.
A Grave Matter by Anna Lee Huber 433 $5
6/8
#6a 10 Pass Go:  Collect $5! n/a n/a $5
Novelty Card Race Car -- save for later
(Race around the game board to the space of your choosing and read!)
n/a n/a n/a
#6b 11 Mountain Cabin 18:
Read a book that is set west of the Mississippi in the USA, or that was written by an author who comes from that region, or that is considered part of the Western genre.
Stone Cold Heart by Laura Griffin 357 $3
6/10
#7a 7 BL Square:  Spin the Wheel Decide n/a n/a n/a
Wheel Decide:  Take one extra roll n/a n/a n/a
#7b 10 European Vacation 33:
Read a book set in the UK, or that was written by an author whose first or last name begins with any letter in the word L-O-N-D-O-N.
The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru Tanigawa 212 $3
6/13
#8 5 Pass Go:  Collect $5! n/a n/a $5
School's Out For Summer 1:
Read a book that appears on any school related "summer reading list," or that is identified as YA or MG
Going Rogue by Robin Benway 321 $3
6/16
#9 10 Beach Week 10:
Read a book that appears on any beach reads list, or a book whose author's first or last name begins with any letter in B-E-A-C-H.
TBA
TBA



No comments:

Post a Comment