Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Beach Reads Week


Top Ten Tuesday is an original and weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


~~ Ten Beach/Summer Vacay Reads ~~


This week for Top Ten Tuesday, the topic is actually listed as Beach Reads Week, but let's face it, anyone who knows me really well knows that I'm really not a beach person.  Yes.  I know.  How dare I blaspheme the beauty of summer vacay on a beach with books by not being into it?  But I've just never been all that enticed by beaches.  I certainly find them lovely and peaceful.  But while everyone and their best friend finds the soothing ocean sounds and the warm rays of sun on their faces a great Happy Place, I'm actually more content somewhere else.  My own Happy Place involves a fireplace, select food and beverages, a stack of books and a nice comfortable couch or beanbag chair.

Anyway, allow me to put a spin on this topic the same way I did with another, similar topic sometime last year:  Summer Beach Reads.  Rather than picking some beach reads, I'd rather just choose some books that I think would make great summertime vacation reads for a bit of R&R... or maybe even some books I'm interested in reading for this summer while I'm on vacation.

Oh, and what a coincidence!  I WILL be going on a short vacation with my family in a week, AND I'm taking vacation days for the next two weeks as well, starting this coming Sunday.  How delightful!  Maybe this should be a list of books I plan on read during my vacation week, during family vacation as well as during the rest of my stay-cation.


Kinslayer | Endsinger
by Jay Kristoff

Ghost Hunter | Silver Master
by Jayne Castle
*
White Lies by Jayne Ann Krentz

When Day Breaks by Maya Banks
*
Deep Dark by Laura Griffin

Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier

Heat Wave anthology
Rex on the Beach by Stephanie Bond | Getting Into Trouble by Leslie Kelly | 
Shaken and Stirred by Heidi Betts

The winning book for June My TBRL
~ The Hanover Square Affair by Ashley Gardner ~
~ Icebound by Dean Koontz ~
- OR -
~ Hanover House by Brenda Novak ~



No comments:

Post a Comment