Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Recent Books On A Whim


Top Ten Tuesday is an original and weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


~ Ten Books I Recently Picked Up On A Whim ~


This week for Top Ten Tuesday, the topic is Ten Books I Picked Up On A Whim.  I assume this involves books that I randomly picked up to read or books I randomly picked up as purchases without giving them much thought.

The problem is, as any bookworm would know, picking books on a whim happens ALL THE TIME.  You go to the library and find several books that "look interesting" and you check them out.  You're at a used book store and find a book that you might like and purchase it.  Or you're at some sort of library sponsored (or even used book store sponsored) warehouse clean-out sale and you randomly throw books into your bag even if you know nothing about them, because why not?  I'm only spending about $0.25 a book, right?

So I'm going to narrow the choices down in this list a little bit.  Mainly, this will be a list of books that I picked up on a whim as purchases in recent warehouse sales or used book store browses or even e-book discounted bargain deals.

There are a lot of these anyway--I'll just list the ten that I'm most interested in reading.

Some are freebies--I'm more likely to pick up a book on a whim if they're free.  $0.99 e-books are also possibilities.  And these will be books I'd never glanced at before (maybe aside from the thirty seconds it would take to skim its Goodreads page to see what kind of ratings it got).


The Kindle Freebies

Reckless by Maggie Shayne (previous published as Reckless Angel)
The Littlest Cowboy by Maggie Shayne
SEAL's Honor by Elle James
Set Me Free by Jennifer Collin
Bringing Down Sam by Leslie Kelly


The Warehouse Sale Haul

The Paid Companion by Amanda Quick
In the Woods by Tana French
Mindhunter by John E. Douglas
The Witness by Nora Roberts
The Heart of Winter anthology (Shayne, Jones, Leclaire)



~~ Honorable Mentions ~~

Un Lun Dun by China Miéville
My Lady, My Lord by Katharine Ashe
Don't Look Away by Leslie A. Kelly
Confessions by Cynthia Eden


No comments:

Post a Comment