Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Can You Read a Series in a Month? Challenge


I think I've done a similar series challenge in the past, but it was a full-year challenge and you could choose as many series as you wanted to read.  And it also required at least 5 books published and unread to count.

Michelle and Berls are hosting this challenge as a month-long challenge starting August 1 this year--that's about two weeks from now.  Since I have an extremely long list of series that I either want to read or have already started reading, I figured this would be a nice way to get through some of them.

Of course, even as I want to try finishing some series I've already started, it looks like I've simply decided to pick brand new series.  One of the books chosen is part of my 2016 Reading Assignment Challenge, though...

The rules are pretty simple:  Reading or finish one series in the month of August.  It can be a series you've already started, but there must be at least 3 published books that you have not yet read.  So if you want to read a trilogy and you haven't started, it'll count.  If you want to read a four book series and you've already read the first book, it'll count, too.

For more information and more answers to questions about the rules, go to the sign up post above.


Related Link:  Can You Read a Series in a Month? Kick Off Post @ Because Reading
See Also:  Can You Read a Series in a Month? Wrap Up post


My Series Pick

Brown and de Luca series by Maggie Shayne
SERIES COMPLETED || 8/10/2016

Completed Reviews:  (updated on 8/12/2016)
1.  Sleep with the Lights On -- Read 08/02/2016
2.  Wake to Darkness -- Read 08/07/2016
3.  Innocent Prey -- Read 08/09/2016
4.  Deadly Obsession -- Read 08/10/2016
novella:  Dream of Danger -- Read 08/03/2016

*Click on series title for GR series page.

My Backup Series


Circle of Evil trilogy by Kylie Brant


Ramblings

I'm very much looking forward to reading the Brown and de Luca series because the concept reminds me of the movie The Eye, but with some differences, of course.  I really liked the movie--I only watched the 2002 HK version that I have linked and not the 2008 Jessica Alba version--so I've been very curious about this book when I first read the summary.  However, just in case I end up not liking the series, I've chosen a backup.  I've read good things about Maggie Shayne, but one can never be too careful.

I've also been looking forward to reading something else by Kylie Brant, so maybe if I can finish my main series pick, I can jump into my backup series as well.


2 comments:

  1. I am still considering whether to participate. I was thinking maybe I could do the Wilding pack series by Alisa Woods as I own all 6 books in that series and haven't read it yet, but that means I have to finish the series before that first. Or Jennifer Estep her latest Ya series, but then I would have to re-read book 1 as I already read that one. And I really want to read review books too, but don't think I have 3 review copies fo the same series for review.

    Good luck with this challenge and I hope you manage to read a series in a month! The Brown and de Luca series sounds creepy and interesting! And having a backup sounds like a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I went through the same discussion with myself about what other books I need to get read in the next month to determine whether I'd have time to read a whole series in a month. I even made a long list of all the potential series I could finish up, and physically wrote out my reading list for July and August to see where I'd be and what I could handle.

      Sleep With the Lights On is one of my Reading Challenge books, so I figured, what the heck! Worst case scenario would be I don't finish the series in August, but since I love romantic suspense and crime thrillers, I'm not too worried. I've found that, in contrast to any other genre, I tend to fly right through those. I'm very much looking forward to reading the Brown and de Luca series!

      Delete