Monday, January 2, 2017

2016 Reading Assignment Challenge -- Fourth (Last) Quarterly Report Card


hosted by



October ramblings:  October was a little more difficult to get through in terms of the Reading Assignment Challenge than I had expected.  The sheer number of books that I set myself to finish for October might have been a little overwhelming, and at one point I floundered a little bit, not quite sure which book on my reading list I was reading next... or even which book I wanted to read next.  But I made it through, so I know at least that I can challenge myself and accomplish my challenges.  The continued challenging of myself, however, will have to wait out the rest of the year, because it DID turn out a little exhausting.  Of course, with some crappy stuff going on in real life, maybe taking my mind off of such things by reading and doing bookish activities wasn't such a bad idea.

November ramblings:  November... started a reading slump.  I'm glad I finished my Reading Assignment books for this month.  But the rest of the month was just a downward spiral.  This has nothing to do with the quality of books I read for Reading Assignment.  I just started a slump and it didn't go away.

December ramblings:  And the main goal of December was just to make sure I could finish all of my Reading Assignment books.  The reading slump continued.  And again, this had nothing to do with the quality of the books I read for Reading Assignment--they were all enjoyable.  Slumps just suck.  Big time.


Fourth (Last) Quarter:  COMPLETED -- 12/25/2016
My Grade:  I Made an A!

Fourth Quarterly Report Card link upFantasy is More Fun
  • In October:


  • In November:

See Also:  My TBR List for November 2016 Voting // Winning Book

  • In December:



A Summary

Reading Assignment-wise, the last quarter of 2016 wasn't too bad.  In fact, I think I'm safe to say that, for the most part, the entire year was pretty great... with few exceptions, of course.  Before June and the mid-year swap, I might have struggled a little bit.  Even after the mid-year swap, I'm not entirely sure that it was easy reading four assigned books each month along with a lot of other "reading obligations" I gave myself.

Things might have gotten a little overwhelming.

And so that is why I will be taking it easy for 2017.


A Forecast

Here is my completed list of assigned books for 2017's Reading Assignment Challenge.  Four books was never a problem for me, but after struggling just a little bit (as stated above), I decided to drop my reading level to two books a month, twenty-four books total.  I think that's pretty reasonable.

Even with the decrease in numbers, twenty-four books is still a lot to list, so I will list below the books I am most looking forward two, as well as the books I may start off the 2017 year with in January and February.

Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep -- planned for January
The Moon-spinners by Mary Stewart -- planned for January
Sweet Bea by Sarah Hegger -- planned for February

Can't Wait to Read Books
Dear Maggie by Brenda Novak
Just Past Midnight by Amanda Stevens
Two Guys Detective Agency by Stephanie Bond
Frost Line by Linda Howard & Linda Jones
Thicker Than Water by Maggie Shayne

Books to Finish a Series
Almost Dead by Lisa Jackson
Cybele's Secret by Juliet Marillier
The Nightmare Charade by Mindee Arnett


No comments:

Post a Comment