@ Booklikes, the book blogging social platform
Over a week ago (yeah, that long), I rolled a 7 and moved from Paradise Pier 28 to Mystery Square 35. For that square, I read Don't Ever Stop by Leslie A. Kelly, a book where the MC is a police detective. The book itself was 281 pages, which added $3.00 to my Bank, bringing my balance to $79.00!
Don't Ever Stop was just as fast-paced as the first book; enjoyable with a few things I had trouble agreeing with... and a subtle love triangle that made me wince. I don't like triangles, and never thought I'd find one in a Rom Suspense, considering how much else is going on.
Anyway, moving along now.
Onto Roll #19:
I rolled an 8 and moved from Mystery Square 35 to Fantasyland 6.
Hmm... Spot the Monkey? Did my photo booth picture with my BFF scare everyone away? And there's Teddy Bear, just kind of hanging and sliding downward...
Ah well, maybe I really need to go get a treat to lure Monkey back to the board.
I haven't landed in the Fantasyland squares before, and even though I've got a list of books I could read, I had a hard time figuring out what I was in the mood for. In the end, I picked five books from my list of possibilities, and did a random draw.
Good ol' Harlequin! I've been itching to read this book ever since I stumbled across it on Scribd, even in spite of all the less than ideal reviews.
To the Rescue by Jean Barrett is set in Yorkshire, England. It is 292 pages, which will be worth $6.00 upon completion.
I am still reading, and finishing up my first Free Friday read, which is also worth $6.00; so no matter which book I finish first, it will bring my next Bank Balance update to $85.00!
Current Bank: $79.00
- Roll #1 (4/15): A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn / 345 pages = $3.00
- Roll #2 (4/17): The Paris Assignment by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #3 (4/21): False Memory by Dean Koontz // Donated 200 pages ($2.00) to the Jail Library
- Roll #4.1 (4/23): Schoolgirl by DAZAI Osamu / 50 pages = $1.00
- Roll #4.2 (4/23): Don't Look Away by Leslie A. Kelly / 323 pages = $3.00
- Roll #4.3 (4/23): Rolled three doubles, ended up in Jail / 300 pages of sentence to be served // 332 pages read total
- Storming the Castle by Eloisa James // 138 pages served
- False Memory by Dean Koontz // 194 pages served
- Roll #5 (4/29): The Duchess War by Courtney Milan / 271 pages = $3.00
- Roll #6.1 (4/29): SKIPPED
- Roll #6.2 (4/29): Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz / 352 pages = $3.00
- Roll #7 (4/29): Backwoods by Jill Sorenson / 378 pages = $3.00
- Roll #8 (4/29): Before the Storm by Leslie Tentler / 336 pages = $3.00
- Roll #9 (5/9): The Thing About Love by Julie James / 380 pages = $3.00
- Roll #10.1 (5/11): The House at Riverton by Kate Morton / 468 pages = $5.00
- Roll #10.2 (5/11): Two Guys Detective Agency by Stephanie Bond / 255 pages = $3.00
- Roll #11 (5/18): The London Deception by Addison Fox / 282 pages = $3.00
- Roll #12 (5/20): BL Task - Double rewards on next read & share w/ a friend / No book read.
- Roll #13 (5/22): Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts / 402 pages = $5.00
- Roll #14 (5/27): Obsidian Prey by Jayne Castle / 351 pages = $3.00
- Roll #15 (5/27): The Rome Affair by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #16.1 (5/27): Rumor Has It by Jill Shalvis / 281 pages = $3.00
- Roll #16.2 (5/27): Once a Thief by Kay Hooper / 326 pages = $3.00
- Roll #17 (6/6): The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan / 318 pages = $3.00
- Roll #18 (6/8): Don't Ever Stop by Leslie A. Kelly / 281 pages = $3.00
- Free Friday #1 (6/16): The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan / 322 pages = $6.00 pending
- Roll #19 (6/18): To the Rescue by Jean Barrett / 292 pages = $6.00 pending