@ Booklikes, the book blogging social platform
For Roll #21, I landed on The Monorail where I ended up choosing The Manhattan Encounter by Addison Fox, and successfully ticked off two of the three listed criteria (see game space below). On top of that, completing this book also adds to my Personal Series Challenge, being the last book in a series I needed to finish.
The Manhattan Encounter is 283 pages = $6.00, which brings my Bank to $115.00!
Enjoyable, but not all that memorable. I'm not sure how I liked The Manhattan Encounter, but it had all the makings of a fast-paced action sequence with a lot of gunfire and explosions... well, not really that much, but it felt like there had been.
A review will be forthcoming.
And now Roll #22:
From The Monorail (29), I rolled a double 4 = 8 and moved to the Start Space: Read any book!
Peek-a-Boo Penni: "I want to help!"
It's a quiet early, early morning on the board. Teddy Bear's magnet is starting to give out and now he just slides right down the board. Thank you for holding him up, Penni! Because Monkey seems a bit subdued, and I suspect it's because he's been doing so many cartwheels.
Since I rolled a double, I rolled again (#22.2):
Rolling a 9, I move from Start Space to Fantasyland 9.
It's a gathering. Key Chain Puppy has come to visit, though we suspect that she's just here to sniff at Teddy Bear.
These are new squares I've never landed on before.
For the Start Space, I decided to just do a random select from the books on my COYER Summer Reading List, mainly an e-book since the COYER "read e-books only" readathon is currently taking place. A random draw got me Pushing the Line by Kimberly Kincaid; a short novella of 122 pages, and fourth book in The Line series. This book will be worth $4.00.
As for the Fantasyland 9 Space, I have a few options I'm thinking about, though not quite sure what I want to select. After some thought, I decided to go with Her Wild Hero by Paige Tyler, a book I'd been wanting to read since I read the first two books in her X-ops series and liked it. The book is about shifters and is tagged 'fantasy' on GR. At 334 pages, Her Wild Hero will be worth $6.00.
Upon completion of both books, my Bank Balance will increase to $125.
Current Bank: $115.00
- Roll #1 (4/15): A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn / 345 pages = $3.00
- Roll #2 (4/17): The Paris Assignment by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #3 (4/21): False Memory by Dean Koontz // Donated 200 pages to the Jail Library
- Roll #4.1 (4/23): Schoolgirl by DAZAI Osamu / 50 pages = $1.00
- Roll #4.2 (4/23): Don't Look Away by Leslie A. Kelly / 323 pages = $3.00
- Roll #4.3 (4/23): Rolled three doubles, ended up in Jail / Served 332 out of 300 pages in Jail
- Storming the Castle by Eloisa James // 138 pages served
- False Memory by Dean Koontz // 194 pages served
- Roll #5 (4/29): The Duchess War by Courtney Milan / 271 pages = $3.00
- Roll #6.1 (4/29): SKIPPED
- Roll #6.2 (4/29): Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz / 352 pages = $3.00
- Roll #7 (4/29): Backwoods by Jill Sorenson / 378 pages = $3.00
- Roll #8 (4/29): Before the Storm by Leslie Tentler / 336 pages = $3.00
- Roll #9 (5/9): The Thing About Love by Julie James / 380 pages = $3.00
- Roll #10.1 (5/11): The House at Riverton by Kate Morton / 468 pages = $5.00
- Roll #10.2 (5/11): Two Guys Detective Agency by Stephanie Bond / 255 pages = $3.00
- Roll #11 (5/18): The London Deception by Addison Fox / 282 pages = $3.00
- Roll #12 (5/20): BL Task - Double rewards on next read & share w/ a friend / No book read.
- Roll #13 (5/22): Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts / 402 pages = $5.00
- Roll #14 (5/27): Obsidian Prey by Jayne Castle / 351 pages = $3.00
- Roll #15 (5/27): The Rome Affair by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #16.1 (5/27): Rumor Has It by Jill Shalvis / 281 pages = $3.00
- Roll #16.2 (5/27): Once a Thief by Kay Hooper / 326 pages = $3.00
- Roll #17 (6/6): The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan / 318 pages = $3.00
- Roll #18 (6/8): Don't Ever Stop by Leslie A. Kelly / 281 pages = $3.00
- Free Friday #1 (6/16): The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan / 322 pages = $6.00
- Roll #19 (6/18): To the Rescue by Jean Barrett / 292 pages = $6.00
- Roll #20.1 (6/22): The Mysterious Twin by Leona Karr / 256 pages = $6.00
- Roll #20.2 (6/22): The Substitute Sister by Lisa Childs / 240 pages = $6.00
- Free Friday #2 (6/23): It Had to Be You by Jill Shalvis / 327 pages = $6.00
- Roll #21 (6/24): The Manhattan Encounter by Addison Fox / 283 pages = $6.00
- Roll #22.1 (6/26): Pushing the Line by Kimberly Kincaid / 122 pages = $4.00 pending
- Roll #22.2 (6/26): Her Wild Hero by Paige Tyler / 334 pages = $6.00 pending