Thursday, April 7, 2016

Cover Crush: The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater


Because no matter the book's summary blurb, author, or marketing, there's no doubt that many of us are drawn in by a pretty cover.  And the great ones are hard not to notice.  I'm admittedly not immune to wonderfully crafted book covers and have fallen prey to them time and time again.

Cover Crush is a feature originally thought up by Erin at Flashlight Commentary.  Every Thursday, she publishes a post featuring a book jacket/book cover that she really likes with a short commentary about it.  I discovered this weekly feature via It's a Mad Mad World and decided to join in the fun!

***


In anticipation of the long-awaited conclusion to Maggie Stiefvater's Raven Cycle series, I'm celebrating with the gorgeous cover of The Raven King.  I've always loved all of the Raven Cycle's book covers--they're eerily beautiful in their abstract simplicity... or something like that.

Let's face it, I'm not good at interpreting art.  I only know that I've loved all of this series' book covers and when Maggie announced the cover for The Raven King sometime last year, it really caught my attention.  Part could be because it is very eye-catching and gorgeous; the other part could just be because I'm hyper-excited about reading the last Raven Cycle book.

Publication date will be April 26!  It's getting closer now!!!


The rest of The Raven Cycle book covers:


And their alternate covers, only slightly different with a different font face:



2 comments:

  1. Totally agree that the cover is gorgeous!! I really like all of the covers from the series though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how they're simple and beautiful. Can't wait for that last book in a couple weeks!

      Delete