Monday, June 27, 2016

Starting "Reread": Mistborn The Final Empire

Mistborn  The Final Empire

by Brandon Sanderson
audio book narrated by Michael Kramer
Book 1 of Mistborn trilogy

~ Goodreads ~


I suppose we could call this a "reread," even though I'm listening to it via audio.

I'm interested in continuing with the rest of Sanderson's Mistborn series.  And now that I know what he had intended with the new setting for the new story arc after the original trilogy--something about three or four different story arcs set in different times in history--I'm more curious to see where he takes the rest of the Mistborn world.

I read the Mistborn trilogy about three years ago, and noted that Sanderson recently wrote a companion piece to the original Mistborn trilogy called Secret History.  Of course, it is also noted that it would be best to read this companion after Mistborn, Book #6, The Bands of Mourning, as there are some spoilers.

Anyway, it's not like I need to pump myself up to continue reading anything written by Brandon Sanderson, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to relive the original trilogy.  And also, I had some extra Audible credits that needed spending.  And so I'm going be listening to the audio book version of The Final Empire, The Well of Ascension, and The Hero of Ages.

The only comments I have so far (since I'm only about thirteen minutes into the audio book) is that Michael Kramer's voice is a little hard to listen to, as he does a lot of very low tones that are a bit distracting.  I assume it takes a bit of time to get used to since I've seen a lot of reviews praising his narration of Mistborn.  Secondly, I'm noticing little details in the book that I don't recall noticing before... then again, it HAS been three years since I read the books and I don't exactly have an excellently detailed, photographic memory or anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment