Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorites of 2016 Releases So Far... and some other stuff


Top Ten Tuesday is an original and weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


~~ Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far ~~

~~ And Then Some ~~


Okay.  So to be totally honest, I haven't really read many 2016 releases.  To be exact, I've read six 2016 releases this year (and one of them was an anthology).  Of those six 2016 releases, I loved five of them.  So at least I'm doing pretty good for 2016 releases.  Maybe.

Instead of listing ten of my favorite 2016 releases since I really can't, I'm going to put a slight spin on this topic.  I will list the only six books I've read in order of my favorite first--yes I will also list the sixth book of 2016 releases that I didn't really like as much.  Because I can.

And then I'm going to list four more 2016 releases that I really DO want to read that have already been published, in which I feel probably would have been a favorite if I'd have gotten to it.

Works right?


2016 Releases I Have Read So Far




Of course, my absolute favorite 2016 release so far is Maggie Stiefvater's conclusion to her Raven Cycle quartet, The Raven King!  The other four books listed above following The Raven King were also awesome, very enjoyable reads as well, with two of my favorite romantic suspense authors sitting pretty up there.  'Til Death Do Us Part was my first foray into Amanda Quick novels, and while it wasn't a favorite (nor was it really that highly rated by myself, it was still pretty enjoyable--granted, I DO prefer her backlist a bit more.

Also, click on the title of each book to see my review of said book.


2016 Releases (Already Published) I Plan To Read / Would Love To Read


I already have designs on reading Deep Dark and Troublemaker--both books are currently within my possession.  The Visitor is a book I'm curious about because I love Amanda Stevens' writing, even if her Graveyard Queen series isn't my favorite.  Crossing the Line is a book I've been salivating after since I first read the tagline, but as it is not available at the library, I either have to request it, wait for someone else to request it, or buy it for my own keeping... but since I've been growing detached from young adult books lately, that last option probably won't happen.

Titles for books lead to Goodreads book pages.




2 comments:

  1. I try to read as many new releases as I can, but there are just so many books! Hopefully I'll be able to read more of them as the year goes on. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Stars Above yet. I hope to jump back into the world soon! Crossing the World sounds awesome. Teenaged female Jason Bourne! That's just too hard to pass up on :D

    ReplyDelete