Saturday, January 26, 2019

24in48 January 2019 Readathon: Hour Eight Update


... for real this time!

Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


I have conveniently scheduled this update to go up at Hour 8 of the 24in48 readathon, if only because I stayed up way later than I had anticipated, doing such things as reading, watching YouTube videos, reading news articles, and playing mobile games.  Knowing full well that I was ready to crash and that I wouldn't be awake by 8:00 A.M. to post this much coveted (coveted by me, really) update, I'd decided to just finalize and schedule it for posting, then go to sleep.

In the past, I would plan for updates to go up at 8 hour intervals, but my plans are always foiled.  I'm determined to have an Hour 8 update this year!  (My rationale... there is none.  So don't mind me.)

Meanwhile, I had meant to read from Mr. Ridley, but ended up immersed in chapters of Lethal White instead, reading about 33 pages (~5%) of the book in around 53 minutes.  In the grander scheme of things, I'm sure that doesn't sound like a whole lot, but the book is 656 pages long (Kindle edition), so I feel like I've made a bit of progress.

Once again, I'm tracking my hours read with a stopwatch this time around, so the exact time I spent reading, give or take a few seconds, was 52:48:59.

Now that I've had my Hour 8 Update, I will strive for an Hour 16 Update... maybe.  Again, my stubborn determination makes sense to no one... probably not even me.

Happy reading everyone!


Books Read


As of this update, I have not finished reading any books.


Currently Reading



The Neverending Story by Michael Ende // narrated by Gerard Doyle
822 minutes / 559 minutes listened to pre-readathon
Progress:  559 minutes listened to
-- 0 minutes listened to @ Hour 8

Lethal White by Robert Galbraith
656 pages / 92 pages read pre-readathon
Progress:  125 pages read
-- 33 pages read @ Hour 8

The Disappearing Spoon by Sam Kean
346 pages / 114 pages read pre-readathon
Progress:  114 pages read
-- 0 pages read @ Hour 8

Mr. Ridley by Delilah Marvelle
282 pages / 56 pages read pre-readathon
Progress:  56 pages read
-- 0 pages read @ Hour 8


No comments:

Post a Comment