Monday, January 21, 2019

It's Monday! What are you reading? | 1/21/2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself.  It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile!  So welcome in everyone.  This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey.  Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.  And here we are!


I haven't done an official 'It's Monday!' post in a long time and just felt like throwing one out there!

Meanwhile, as I'd mentioned in my 24in48 announcement update, I decided to employ a handy book draw method using my lovely monkey post-its once more!  But this time I made it simpler--all I did was write down the titles of five different historical novels, fold the post-its up, then gathered them in my hands, did a bit of a shaking mix up, tossed them on my desk, turned my head to the side, and randomly selected one.  (Sorry, no photos this time 'cause I got super lazy.)

This method typically does not work all that well, because I rarely feel in the mood to read the first selection I get... probably because there was already a particular book I sorta, kinda, wanted to read, but I somehow convinced myself to let the odds of random book draw decide for me amidst a few other books I also want to read.  So then I always end up drawing again.  -_-  And again...

HOWEVER, apparently my mind and the fates have aligned on this occasion.  I ended up choosing Mr. Ridley by Delilah Marvelle from a selection of five, with only one other book being one I actually wanted to read at this time besides Mr. Ridley.  So I'm quite content.


Truth is, it was really a choice between the anthology Rogues Rush In and Mr. Ridley, so maybe I should have just flipped a coin or something...

Anyway, moving along to my week in reading...


What I Read Last Week




What I'm Currently Reading




What I'm Planning to Read Next




Other Plans On the Blog

With 24in48 coming up, as well as my sluggish reading as of late, I'm really only seeing that I'll be more active over the readathon weekend.  Unless I finish another book between now and then, there probably won't be another review coming out.  There may or may not be an update for The Disappearing Spoon, just as a general "How are things going?" for The Flat Book Society... or maybe even an update if I stumble upon interesting quotes for either of the other two books.

The only reason I haven't started reading Mr. Ridley yet is mainly because I wanted to focus on The Disappearing Spoon and Lethal White over the weekend.  Now that I've made more progress with them, at least with The Disappearing Spoon, I might go ahead and jump into Mr. Ridley.  As for The Neverending Story... that one's kind of slow going, but I'll take some time at some point to do some mind-numbing activity as I listen to it.

Otherwise, I'm foreseeing a rather quiet blogging week, really.


No comments:

Post a Comment