Saturday, January 26, 2019

24in48 January 2019 Readathon: Hour Sixteen Update


Been less than productive, but still made some reading headway!

Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


I spent most of the morning playing Wordscapes on my phone, somehow managing to waste away about an hour and a half of my time that could have been spent reading.  But oh well... the heart wants what the heart wants.

I finally deigned to crawl out of bed a little before noon (thank goodness for weekends off), in which I got myself ready for the day, then spent some more time surfing the internet... and somehow managing to buy $20 worth of Kindle books just for a $5 credit towards my account (deal lasts until 1/28, I think).  Following, I went out to lunch with my Dad, then hung out with my parents for a little while before slinking back to my reading "duties."

It's funny how one always laments not having enough time to read... and yet, given a whole weekend off, with plans and a readathon... I end up looking for other things to do.  I'm not sure how my mind works, but I'm only slightly miffed by my own procrastination.  Every time 24in48 rolls around, I vow to spend at least ten or twelve hours the first day reading so that I have a fighting chance of reaching twenty-four hours of reading by the next day...  But every time, I end up getting distracted and only get about four hours of reading done.  By then, I have no chance of reaching that twenty-four hour goal.

Aw well...  It's all in the fun spirit of the game anyway.

Of course, while I was doing laundry and splurging on books, I let my audio book play in the background (stuff in Fantastica is getting a bit sticky!).  So at least I've made a little bit more progress.  I've even read another chapter of Lethal White, which used nine minutes of my time only.

As far as stats go, I spent about another hour reading (1:06:46 hours, to be exact, give or take a few seconds).

Running totals:
-- Time spent reading:  1:59:35
-- Pages read:  39
-- Minutes listened to:  57
-- Books finished:  0

If I can stop being distracted, I hope I can at least get another four or six hours of reading done.  At the least, I'm kind of hoping to make some more progress into Lethal White as well as getting back to Mr. Ridley.  But as First World Bookish Problems go, I can't read both books at the same time, so I'm going to have to find a comfy compromise somewhere.  Maybe getting to 30% of Lethal White then jumping back into Mr. Ridley... or jumping back into Mr. Ridley, breezing through it (since it's a pretty short book in comparison), then getting back to Lethal White.

Decisions, decisions...


Books Read


As of this update, I have not finished reading any books.


Currently Reading



The Neverending Story by Michael Ende // narrated by Gerard Doyle
822 minutes / 559 minutes listened to pre-readathon
Progress:  616 minutes listened to
-- 0 minutes listened to @ Hour 8
-- 57 minutes listened to @ Hour 16

Lethal White by Robert Galbraith
656 pages / 92 pages read pre-readathon
Progress:  131 pages read
-- 33 pages read @ Hour 8
-- 6 pages read @ Hour 16

The Disappearing Spoon by Sam Kean
346 pages / 114 pages read pre-readathon
Progress:  114 pages read
-- 0 pages read @ Hour 8
-- 0 pages read @ Hour 16

Mr. Ridley by Delilah Marvelle
282 pages / 56 pages read pre-readathon
Progress:  56 pages read
-- 0 pages read @ Hour 8
-- 0 pages read @ Hour 16


No comments:

Post a Comment