Saturday, January 26, 2019

24in48 January 2019 Readathon: Hour Twenty Four Update


A little less than an hour until midnight, but here's my update anyway.

Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


So I had thought to maybe read until about 30% or so of Lethal White, then moving onto Mr. Ridley, figuring it would give me a chance to finish reading at least one book this weekend.  As much as I hate to admit it, Lethal White is super long and the chances of finishing the whole thing before the readathon is over doesn't seem like a probably feat for me.

HOWEVER, the book just keeps getting better and better, and the next thing I know, I'm already halfway through it, so I'm kind of determined to see myself to the end before I move onto another book.  Really, did I expect otherwise?

Of course, between the two dysfunctional romantic relationships going on in the book, though, I AM sort of craving a more HEA guaranteed story... as much as I'm enjoying this quietly thought-provoking crime novel, I'm still not digging the wisps of romance surfacing between Robin and Strike, especially when the two seem bound and determined not to communicate with each other properly on a personal level.  Though since they still work so well together investigating murders and searching out dark secrets, I still love them as partners in crime fighting.

Running totals:
-- Time spent reading:  5:47:52
-- Pages read:  190
-- Minutes listened to:  57
-- Books finished:  0

I feel like I've read more pages than that, but I suppose I didn't really.  Surely, when I finish Lethal White, my numbers will be drastically more impressive.


Books Read


As of this update, I have not finished reading any books.


Currently Reading



The Neverending Story by Michael Ende // narrated by Gerard Doyle
822 minutes / 559 minutes listened to pre-readathon
Progress:  616 minutes listened to
-- 0 minutes listened to @ Hour 8
-- 57 minutes listened to @ Hour 16
-- 0 minutes listened to @ Hour 24

Lethal White by Robert Galbraith
656 pages / 92 pages read pre-readathon
Progress:  282 pages read
-- 33 pages read @ Hour 8
-- 6 pages read @ Hour 16
-- 151 pages read @ Hour 24

The Disappearing Spoon by Sam Kean
346 pages / 114 pages read pre-readathon
Progress:  114 pages read
-- 0 pages read @ Hour 8
-- 0 pages read @ Hour 16
-- 0 pages read @ Hour 24

Mr. Ridley by Delilah Marvelle
282 pages / 56 pages read pre-readathon
Progress:  56 pages read
-- 0 pages read @ Hour 8
-- 0 pages read @ Hour 16
-- 0 pages read @ Hour 24


No comments:

Post a Comment