@ Booklikes, the book blogging social platform
I'm actually quite amazed at how quickly I've been going through my books for the past few rolls, because on top of the past few rolls, I also had two freebie books.
As of this roll, I'm still reading my Free Friday selection from 7/7, Ravished by Amanda Quick. But I'll probably have it completed within the next twenty-four hours, if it's any indication of how quickly I tend to get through any JAK books.
Meanwhile, I finished reading Fired Up by Jayne Ann Krentz, which was the book I read for Roll #27 (taken on 7/8), after landing on Paradise Pier 30. The book is tagged 'suspense' on GR, and the paperback version I read has 403 pages, giving me a $10.00 increase to the Bank.
Finishing this book gives my Personal Series challenge some forward progress, which is good.
The book itself is, like any other JAK book, exciting and constantly forward moving. In short, I really, really loved it! A review will be posted soon.
Here is my Roll #28 for today (7/10):
I rolled an 11 and moved from Paradise Pier 30, back to the beginning of the board, and landed on Frontierland 4. I've been here before, though it was prior to Game Shake Up, so no multiplier.
Rock-a-bye Teddy on Magnetic Monkey's arm. And we're still just chillin' all zen-like.
The last time I landed on this game space, I had a heck of a time trying to figure out what book to read, up until I gave up looking at all the complicated titles, or trying to figure out which book might have traveling by boat. I simply went and looked up book titles using the word 'river' and came up with three particular books.
Well, I've been waiting to land on this square once more so that I could go back and pick up the book that had been my second choice then:
River's End by Nora Roberts fits the game space in a rather self-explanatory way. The book is presented as 447 pages (Kindle version), which will be worth $10.00. I've read and heard good things about this one, so I'm looking forward to reading it. It also helps that I've been eager to read another Nora Roberts work after the conflicting experience I had with Carnal Innocence.
Meanwhile, I'm slightly behind on my reviews for BLopoly books, so I'm glad I've been including small rambles of how I liked each book in all of my updates. But never fear! The reviews are in the process of being written and combed over, so I will be doing some review posting this week!
Current Bank: $175
- Roll #1 (4/15): A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn / 345 pages = $3.00
- Roll #2 (4/17): The Paris Assignment by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #3 (4/21): False Memory by Dean Koontz // Donated 200 pages to the Jail Library
- Roll #4.1 (4/23): Schoolgirl by DAZAI Osamu / 50 pages = $1.00
- Roll #4.2 (4/23): Don't Look Away by Leslie A. Kelly / 323 pages = $3.00
- Roll #4.3 (4/23): Rolled three doubles, ended up in Jail / Served 332 out of 300 pages in Jail
- Storming the Castle by Eloisa James // 138 pages served
- False Memory by Dean Koontz // 194 pages served
- Roll #5 (4/29): The Duchess War by Courtney Milan / 271 pages = $3.00
- Roll #6.1 (4/29): SKIPPED
- Roll #6.2 (4/29): Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz / 352 pages = $3.00
- Roll #7 (4/29): Backwoods by Jill Sorenson / 378 pages = $3.00
- Roll #8 (4/29): Before the Storm by Leslie Tentler / 336 pages = $3.00
- Roll #9 (5/9): The Thing About Love by Julie James / 380 pages = $3.00
- Roll #10.1 (5/11): The House at Riverton by Kate Morton / 468 pages = $5.00
- Roll #10.2 (5/11): Two Guys Detective Agency by Stephanie Bond / 255 pages = $3.00
- Roll #11 (5/18): The London Deception by Addison Fox / 282 pages = $3.00
- Roll #12 (5/20): BL Task - Double rewards on next read & share w/ a friend / No book read.
- Roll #13 (5/22): Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts / 402 pages = $5.00
- Roll #14 (5/27): Obsidian Prey by Jayne Castle / 351 pages = $3.00
- Roll #15 (5/27): The Rome Affair by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #16.1 (5/27): Rumor Has It by Jill Shalvis / 281 pages = $3.00
- Roll #16.2 (5/27): Once a Thief by Kay Hooper / 326 pages = $3.00
- Roll #17 (6/6): The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan / 318 pages = $3.00
- Roll #18 (6/8): Don't Ever Stop by Leslie A. Kelly / 281 pages = $3.00
- Free Friday #1 (6/16): The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan / 322 pages = $6.00
- Roll #19 (6/18): To the Rescue by Jean Barrett / 292 pages = $6.00
- Roll #20.1 (6/22): The Mysterious Twin by Leona Karr / 256 pages = $6.00
- Roll #20.2 (6/22): The Substitute Sister by Lisa Childs / 240 pages = $6.00
- Free Friday #2 (6/23): It Had to Be You by Jill Shalvis / 327 pages = $6.00
- Roll #21 (6/24): The Manhattan Encounter by Addison Fox / 283 pages = $6.00
- Roll #22.1 (6/26): Pushing the Line by Kimberly Kincaid / 122 pages = $4.00
- Roll #22.2 (6/26): Her Wild Hero by Paige Tyler / 334 pages = $6.00
- Roll #23 (6/28): Secret Agent Secretary by Melissa Cutler / 248 pages = $6.00
- Roll #24 (6/30): The Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsely / 430 pages = $10.00
- Free Friday #3 (6/30): Tempting Fate by Pamela Clare / 281 pages = $6.00
- Roll #25 (7/4): Driving Heat by Richard Castle / 336 pages = $6.00
- Fourth of July Opt-in (7/4): Night Diver by Elizabeth Lowell / 388 pages = $6.00
- Roll #26 (7/6): Hot on the Hunt by Melissa Cutler / 281 pages = $6.00
- Free Friday #4 (7/7): Ravished by Amanda Quick / 418 pages = $10.00 pending
- Roll #27 (7/8): Fired Up by Jayne Ann Krentz / 403 pages = $10.00
- Roll #28 (7/10): River's End by Nora Roberts / 447 pages = $10.00 pending