@ Booklikes, the book blogging social platform
I landed on Luxury Tax for Roll #32, a space I'd landed on one after the Big Game Shake Up, so location multiplier for a second finish of the game space applied. For this space, I chose to read On the Loose by Tara Janzen--the heroine in this book can be considered a millionaire. The book is 403 pages, which gave me a $15.00 increase to the Bank.
On the Loose was entertaining. It dragged for some parts of the book, and maybe there was too much going on, but I really loved Honey and the fact that she's not what you expect. A review will be posted soon.
So a set of doubles was rolled, granting me a double 3 = 6. This took me from Luxury Tax to BL Square 20.
Monkey striking another fun pose. Like a ballet pose?
Anyway, so I need to roll again to see what my task is:
BL Task #2: "Give $5.00 to another player. If you don't have $5.00, roll again!"
After a bit of "Eenie-meenie-miney-moe," (or rather, I just randomly chose twelve players, assigned everyone a number and then rolled my d12), I ended up choose Familiar Diversions to give $5.00 to. At this point in the game, I don't know that free money will help a whole lot of people, but I have to give away free money, so there it is!
I give to thee, Familiar Diversions, a $5.00 increase to your bank!
Don't spend it all in one place!
Since I rolled doubles, I will roll again. Roll #33.2:
I rolled an 8 and ended up landing on Free Parking.
Oh, Monkey! It's not that bad. We can afford $5.00. And look, Free Parking isn't a bad spot either--we've been here before. It just means we roll again. "Roll the dice. Odd number sends you to the waterworks, even number sends you to the electric company, doubles sends you to the luxury tax."
So, rolling an odd number, I move to Water Works. "Read a book with water on the cover, or where someone turns on the waterworks (i.e., cries) because of an emotional event."
See, Monkey. All is well in the world... and you've already found your zen again... Right...
Moving right along.
I have landed on this square once since the Big Game Shake Up, so the following location multiplier applies:
0 to 100 pages: $3.00
101 to 200 pages: $6.00
201 to 400 pages: $9.00
401 to 800 pages: $15.00
over 801 pages: $30.00
This is one of those game spaces where there is a part of the task that is hard to determine simply based on the book's title, summary, or even book cover--the part about someone turning on the water works. I guess, unless the book gives you a definitive about someone going through an emotional event that would merit tears.
So I've been using the other part of the game square task, water on the cover, to make my selection.
As much as I was hoping I could get myself another lucky roll and start reading another physical book for COYER Summer Reading List readathon this week, that just didn't happen. None of the paperbacks I've chosen to put on my reading list have water on the cover.
Fortunately there is one book on my COYER list, though not a physical book, that I can read for this game space. It just won't count towards the readathon, unfortunately. But I've been meaning to read this book for a long time, and it has shown up a few times as a possibility on some of my other BLopoly rolls. So I probably should just get to it.
Heat Wave is an anthology with the following titles of novellas included: Rex on the Beach by Stephanie Bond, Getting Into Trouble by Leslie Kelly, and Shaken and Stirred by Heidi Betts. Combined, these novellas total 320 pages of book, Kindle version. With the location multiplier in place, this book will be worth $9.00, so I will at least make back a bit of money after giving away $5.00.
Free Friday #7:
Once again, I'm going to post my Free Friday selection a day early, since I already have a book chosen for this last Free Friday of BLopoly. Since COYER is still ongoing, I'm going to pick the next Steele Street book, which I DO have until the end of Sunday to finish if I want it to count towards the COYER July readathon (read physical books only). And well, I have until Monday to finish if I want it to count for BLopoly, of course.
Cutting Loose is the next book in the Steele Street series and is 405 pages, worth $10.00 upon completion.
Hopefully, I will be able to complete both books in time to cash in a final Bank for BLopoly. If I'm lucky, I'll finish Heat Wave in time to roll one last time before BLopoly is officially over, though I'm not going to make myself any promises. In all honesty, these might be the last two books I read for BLopoly... and I'm quite okay with that.
Current Bank: $249
- Roll #1 (4/15): A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn / 345 pages = $3.00
- Roll #2 (4/17): The Paris Assignment by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #3 (4/21): False Memory by Dean Koontz // Donated 200 pages to the Jail Library
- Roll #4.1 (4/23): Schoolgirl by DAZAI Osamu / 50 pages = $1.00
- Roll #4.2 (4/23): Don't Look Away by Leslie A. Kelly / 323 pages = $3.00
- Roll #4.3 (4/23): Rolled three doubles, ended up in Jail / Served 332 out of 300 pages in Jail
- Storming the Castle by Eloisa James // 138 pages served
- False Memory by Dean Koontz // 194 pages served
- Roll #5 (4/29): The Duchess War by Courtney Milan / 271 pages = $3.00
- Roll #6.1 (4/29): SKIPPED
- Roll #6.2 (4/29): Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz / 352 pages = $3.00
- Roll #7 (4/29): Backwoods by Jill Sorenson / 378 pages = $3.00
- Roll #8 (4/29): Before the Storm by Leslie Tentler / 336 pages = $3.00
- Roll #9 (5/9): The Thing About Love by Julie James / 380 pages = $3.00
- Roll #10.1 (5/11): The House at Riverton by Kate Morton / 468 pages = $5.00
- Roll #10.2 (5/11): Two Guys Detective Agency by Stephanie Bond / 255 pages = $3.00
- Roll #11 (5/18): The London Deception by Addison Fox / 282 pages = $3.00
- Roll #12 (5/20): BL Task - Double rewards on next read & share w/ a friend / No book read.
- Roll #13 (5/22): Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts / 402 pages = $5.00
- Roll #14 (5/27): Obsidian Prey by Jayne Castle / 351 pages = $3.00
- Roll #15 (5/27): The Rome Affair by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #16.1 (5/27): Rumor Has It by Jill Shalvis / 281 pages = $3.00
- Roll #16.2 (5/27): Once a Thief by Kay Hooper / 326 pages = $3.00
- Roll #17 (6/6): The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan / 318 pages = $3.00
- Roll #18 (6/8): Don't Ever Stop by Leslie A. Kelly / 281 pages = $3.00
- Free Friday #1 (6/16): The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan / 322 pages = $6.00
- Roll #19 (6/18): To the Rescue by Jean Barrett / 292 pages = $6.00
- Roll #20.1 (6/22): The Mysterious Twin by Leona Karr / 256 pages = $6.00
- Roll #20.2 (6/22): The Substitute Sister by Lisa Childs / 240 pages = $6.00
- Free Friday #2 (6/23): It Had to Be You by Jill Shalvis / 327 pages = $6.00
- Roll #21 (6/24): The Manhattan Encounter by Addison Fox / 283 pages = $6.00
- Roll #22.1 (6/26): Pushing the Line by Kimberly Kincaid / 122 pages = $4.00
- Roll #22.2 (6/26): Her Wild Hero by Paige Tyler / 334 pages = $6.00
- Roll #23 (6/28): Secret Agent Secretary by Melissa Cutler / 248 pages = $6.00
- Roll #24 (6/30): The Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsely / 430 pages = $10.00
- Free Friday #3 (6/30): Tempting Fate by Pamela Clare / 281 pages = $6.00
- Roll #25 (7/4): Driving Heat by Richard Castle / 336 pages = $6.00
- Fourth of July Opt-in (7/4): Night Diver by Elizabeth Lowell / 388 pages = $6.00
- Roll #26 (7/6): Hot on the Hunt by Melissa Cutler / 281 pages = $6.00
- Free Friday #4 (7/7): Ravished by Amanda Quick / 418 pages = $10.00
- Roll #27 (7/8): Fired Up by Jayne Ann Krentz / 403 pages = $10.00
- Roll #28 (7/10): River's End by Nora Roberts / 447 pages = $10.00
- Roll #29.1 (7/14): Northern Lights by Nora Roberts / 562 pages = $15.00
- Roll #29.2 (7/14): Burning Lamp by Amanda Quick / 328 pages = $9.00
- Free Friday #5 (7/14): The Law of Attraction by N.M. Silber / DNF @ 63 pages = $2.00
- Roll #30 (7/20): The Pretender by Celeste Bradley / 384 pages = $6.00
- Free Friday #6 (7/21): Midnight Crystal by Jayne Castle / 371 pages = $6.00
- Roll #31 (7/22): Always on My Mind by Jill Shalvis / 318 pages = $6.00
- Roll #32 (7/25): On the Loose by Tara Janzen / 403 pages = $15.00
- Roll #33.1 (7/27): BL Task - "Give another player $5.00" = -$5.00
- Roll #33.2 (7/27): Heat Wave - anthology (Bond, Kelly, Betts) / 320 pages = $9.00 pending
- Free Friday #7 (7/28): Cutting Loose by Tara Janzen / 405 pages = $10.00 pending