Saturday, July 1, 2017

Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- June 2017

June was an excellent month of great books, and my second 5.0 Star read this year!

With all the activity going on this month in real life, I hadn't been sure if I'd have much time to read.  Lots of excitement with relatives visiting and a wedding... life was pretty hectic.  And then, on top of that, I STILL haven't gotten back into my normal sleep schedule.  Everything is off, I'm waking up at weird times, sleeping at weird times... not getting enough sleep...

And it probably doesn't help that I've been reading mysteries before going to bed...


But I somehow managed to devour one book after another, and then some.  This is the best reading month I've had all year!  Although to be fair, most of the books I read in June were quite short, with page counts either just below 300, or in the lower 300s.  I think the highest number of pages I read was 334 pages... except that June also yielded the highest number of total pages read, if I don't count audio books.

Anyway...  Either way, I feel quite accomplished.


June Reads




Also Read:
Declan and the Disney Elves by Paige Tyler (free short story)

An X-Ops Honeymoon by Paige Tyler (free short story)


Books Dropped/Put On Hold


None this month!  Yay!


Currently Reading




June Reading Stats

Total works read: 19
  • 14 print/e-book novels
  • 1 audio book
  • 2 novellas
  • 2 short stories

Average rating: 3.53 Stars
  • Highest Rated:  The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan // 5.0 Stars
  • Lowest Rated:  5 books // 2.5 Stars
    • (1) The Rome Affair by Addison Fox
    • (2) Once a Thief by Kay Hooper
    • (3) Always a Thief by Kay Hooper
    • (4) The Mysterious Twin by Leona Karr
    • (5) The Substitute Sister by Lisa Childs

Series I started reading:
  • Double Exposure -- HQN mini series (Leona Karr & Adrianne Lee)
Series I completed:
  • Veronica Sloan by Leslie A. Kelly
  • Quinn/Thief by Kay Hooper
  • Brothers Sinister by Courtney Milan
  • House of Steele by Addison Fox
  • The Line series by Kimberly Kincaid
Series I have made progress on:
  • Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis
  • Lucky Harbor by Jill Shalvis
  • X-Ops by Paige Tyler
  • ICE: Black Ops Defenders by Melissa Cutler

Favorite reads:  Let's just say that we're batting Win for Win with Brothers Sinister.  Even though The Countess Conspiracy wasn't as good as the rest of the books, it was still very enjoyable.  The Heiress Effect and The Suffragette Scandal were both amazing books, and actually gave me a bit of a Book Hangover after I finished reading both.  And now I will be in search of another book, or series of books, that will make me feel the same empty void of happiness I felt reading the Brothers Sinister series.

Also wanted to shout out about the two Jill Shalvis books I read in June, Rumor Has It and It Had to Be You, because both were very pleasant reads that had me reeling in FEELS!

Disappointing reads:  The truth is, I probably shouldn't have been surprised, but Kay Hooper's Quinn/Thief pair of books was definitely a disappointment to read.  Really, I had been expecting something a bit more exciting, since I had thought these were some of Hooper's older works... but apparently I had no idea what I was getting into.

Meanwhile, the number of 2.5 Star books I've listed might look like a lot, but in comparison to how many 4.0 Star books I read in June, the ratio is leans more towards the positive side.  On top of that, I've also got a 4.5 Star book, a some 3.0 Star books, so I'm not really all that disappointed with my reading accomplishments for this month.


Reviews & Notable Posts

Reviews Written


Memes

  • Did not Meme this month!

Other Posts



Coming Up In July

Tentative TBR


Other Stuff

To be honest, I really don't know what I'm going to be able to read, what with an ever-changing reading list due to the Booklikes-opoly game that will come to an end on July 31.  So rather than make any plans, I'm just throwing a few books up that I am hoping to get around to, whether due to the BLopoly game, COYER Challenge, or just a simple random reading pick.

And if my past two months of reading is any indication, apparently when I read one book at a time, I read a lot faster, because I'm not trying to decide which book to read.

Of course, there is also that COYER readathon week nearing the end of the month which will be a "read physical books only" week--in other words:  What better chance have I to breeze through the rest of my Steele Street books since I own all of them in paperback!


2017 Wrap-Ups 

Past Monthly Reading Wrap Ups
See Also: 2015 Reading Wrap-Up posts (scroll to bottom of page)

(updated as year progresses by month)
January | February | March | April | May | June
July | August | September | October | November | December


No comments:

Post a Comment