@ Booklikes, the book blogging social platform
First order of this wrap up is to give a great big 'THANK YOU!!' to Moonlight Reader and Obsidian Blue for the great game they put together! Booklikes-opoly was winning, and it has been an outstanding three and a half months of wonderful game play! I read a few new authors that I will continue to check out books from, and I even managed to finish some book series and cut a lot of my already owned books off my TBR!
And to be honest, even up into April I was still kind of in a reading and blogging slump--a slump that started in November and didn't quit. Booklikes-opoly changed that and I ended up finishing one book after another, pre-drafting a lot of game play posts, writing reviews... the works.
And to be honest, while I love reading, I think there came a point in the game where I just simply looked forward to the next roll--trying to figure out what book to read for each game space became a thing.
And then there was Magnetic Monkey, Teddy Bear Game Piece, and Peek-a-Boo Penni Penguin... At first, Monkey was simply supposed to be a random magnetic decoration for my live game board. But then I started finding reasons to play around, and he somehow became my game mascot! I'm so delighted that a lot of you enjoyed my game play updates with Monkey and Friends, and so finding a new pose for Monkey became another thing I looked forward to on a regular basis.
So here they are one last time, wrapping up my game play with the final game stats:
Nothing fancy, just chilling around and showcasing the board!
Books Read for BLopoly
Some Final RamblingsI counted all of the books that I read for Booklikes-opoly, whether or not I finished them, or even read the entire book. That being said, there were only three books presented above that only counted partially towards the actual game.
False Memory by Dean Koontz was a book that I had started reading prior to the game start. But the book itself is 700+ pages, and so even as I started participating in BLopoly, I was still reading False Memory. During an unlucky roll where I ended up, first in Jail Visitor, and then in actual BLopoly Jail, I decided to read what I had left of False Memory to count for however many pages of sentencing I needed. This worked out wonderfully! I got out of jail, donated some pages, and then finally finished the darn book!
The Perfect Poison by Amanda Quick was also a book I read for the purpose of donating some pages to the BLopoly prison library. It was for the Memorial Day extras, and since I wanted to get the book read and turned into the library (as well as so I could move onto the next book in the series), I chose to read all of The Perfect Poison, even though I could only donate 100 pages of it.
The Law of Attraction by N.M. Silber turned out to be my very first DNF book of the game, and for the year. I didn't make it far, dropping the book at about 26%, which turned out to be about 63 pages.
My favorite reads for the game were the Brothers Sinister books by Courtney Milan. I didn't read all of the books in this series for BLopoly, only the first and the last, which were my two favorite of the series anyway. I also loved Deanna Raybourn's A Perilous Undertaking, It Had to Be You and Rumor Has It by Jill Shalvis, and Ravished by Amanda Quick.
The longest book I read would be False Memory Dean Koontz at 751 pages... but I only read part of it for Prison reasons, so I'm not going to count it. That places the actual longest book I read for this game as Northern Lights by Nora Roberts, at 562 pages.
The shortest book I read was Schoolgirl by Osamu Dazai.
I only listened to two audio books for this game, but I did not have to employ the audio book exception to keep listening while moving onto the next roll... both were finished during the course of that roll due to multiple rolls or being in jail.
I managed to catch up with and/or finish about 9 series during the course of the game:
- Veronica Speedwell by Deanna Raybourn
- Aftershock by Jill Sorenson
- Veronica Sloan by Leslie A. Kelly
- Brothers Sinister by Courtney Milan
- The Line series by Kimberly Kincaid
- Colorado High Country by Pamela Clare
- The House of Steele by Addison Fox
- ICE: Black Ops Defenders by Melissa Cutler
- Extrasensory Agents by Leslie A. Kelly
I didn't read all the books in the above listed series for a BLopoly game space, but the last book in those series were read for the game.
I picked up 7 new authors during the course of the game:
- Courtney Milan
- Kate Morton
- Jean Barrett
- Leona Karr
- Lisa Childs
- Susanna Kearsley
- Celeste Bradley
The stats could probably go on, so I'm going to cut it off here. This post is already long enough as is.
I really hope there will be more games like this in the future.
Once again, another great big thanks to Obsidian Blue and Moonlight Reader--for creating this game, for all the work they put into it, for playing along with us, for all the fun new twists... pretty much for all of it! You guys are the greatest!!
Final Bank, Update Links, Review Links
Final Bank: $274
- Roll #1 (4/15): A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn / 345 pages = $3.00
- Roll #2 (4/17): The Paris Assignment by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #3 (4/21): False Memory by Dean Koontz // Donated 200 pages to the Jail Library
- Roll #4.1 (4/23): Schoolgirl by DAZAI Osamu / 50 pages = $1.00
- Roll #4.2 (4/23): Don't Look Away by Leslie A. Kelly / 323 pages = $3.00
- Roll #4.3 (4/23): Rolled three doubles, ended up in Jail / Served 332 out of 300 pages in Jail
- Storming the Castle by Eloisa James // 138 pages served
- False Memory by Dean Koontz // 194 pages served
- Roll #5 (4/29): The Duchess War by Courtney Milan / 271 pages = $3.00
- Roll #6.1 (4/29): SKIPPED
- Roll #6.2 (4/29): Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz / 352 pages = $3.00
- Roll #7 (4/29): Backwoods by Jill Sorenson / 378 pages = $3.00
- Roll #8 (4/29): Before the Storm by Leslie Tentler / 336 pages = $3.00
- Roll #9 (5/9): The Thing About Love by Julie James / 380 pages = $3.00
- Roll #10.1 (5/11): The House at Riverton by Kate Morton / 468 pages = $5.00
- Roll #10.2 (5/11): Two Guys Detective Agency by Stephanie Bond / 255 pages = $3.00
- Roll #11 (5/18): The London Deception by Addison Fox / 282 pages = $3.00
- Roll #12 (5/20): BL Task - Double rewards on next read & share w/ a friend / No book read.
- Roll #13 (5/22): Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts / 402 pages = $5.00
- Roll #14 (5/27): Obsidian Prey by Jayne Castle / 351 pages = $3.00
- Roll #15 (5/27): The Rome Affair by Addison Fox / 284 pages = $3.00
- Roll #16.1 (5/27): Rumor Has It by Jill Shalvis / 281 pages = $3.00
- Roll #16.2 (5/27): Once a Thief by Kay Hooper / 326 pages = $3.00
- Roll #17 (6/6): The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan / 318 pages = $3.00
- Roll #18 (6/8): Don't Ever Stop by Leslie A. Kelly / 281 pages = $3.00
- Free Friday #1 (6/16): The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan / 322 pages = $6.00
- Roll #19 (6/18): To the Rescue by Jean Barrett / 292 pages = $6.00
- Roll #20.1 (6/22): The Mysterious Twin by Leona Karr / 256 pages = $6.00
- Roll #20.2 (6/22): The Substitute Sister by Lisa Childs / 240 pages = $6.00
- Free Friday #2 (6/23): It Had to Be You by Jill Shalvis / 327 pages = $6.00
- Roll #21 (6/24): The Manhattan Encounter by Addison Fox / 283 pages = $6.00
- Roll #22.1 (6/26): Pushing the Line by Kimberly Kincaid / 122 pages = $4.00
- Roll #22.2 (6/26): Her Wild Hero by Paige Tyler / 334 pages = $6.00
- Roll #23 (6/28): Secret Agent Secretary by Melissa Cutler / 248 pages = $6.00
- Roll #24 (6/30): The Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsely / 430 pages = $10.00
- Free Friday #3 (6/30): Tempting Fate by Pamela Clare / 281 pages = $6.00
- Roll #25 (7/4): Driving Heat by Richard Castle / 336 pages = $6.00
- Fourth of July Opt-in (7/4): Night Diver by Elizabeth Lowell / 388 pages = $6.00
- Roll #26 (7/6): Hot on the Hunt by Melissa Cutler / 281 pages = $6.00
- Free Friday #4 (7/7): Ravished by Amanda Quick / 418 pages = $10.00
- Roll #27 (7/8): Fired Up by Jayne Ann Krentz / 403 pages = $10.00
- Roll #28 (7/10): River's End by Nora Roberts / 447 pages = $10.00
- Roll #29.1 (7/14): Northern Lights by Nora Roberts / 562 pages = $15.00
- Roll #29.2 (7/14): Burning Lamp by Amanda Quick / 328 pages = $9.00
- Free Friday #5 (7/14): The Law of Attraction by N.M. Silber / DNF @ 63 pages = $2.00
- Roll #30 (7/20): The Pretender by Celeste Bradley / 384 pages = $6.00
- Free Friday #6 (7/21): Midnight Crystal by Jayne Castle / 371 pages = $6.00
- Roll #31 (7/22): Always on My Mind by Jill Shalvis / 318 pages = $6.00
- Roll #32 (7/25): On the Loose by Tara Janzen / 403 pages = $15.00
- Roll #33.1 (7/27): BL Task - "Give another player $5.00" = -$5.00
- Roll #33.2 (7/27): Heat Wave - anthology (Bond, Kelly, Betts) / 320 pages = $9.00
- Free Friday #7 (7/28): Cutting Loose by Tara Janzen / 405 pages = $10.00
- Roll #34 (7/29): Cold Memory by Leslie A. Kelly / 260 pages = $6.00