Friday, July 22, 2016

Read-a-thon: 24 in 48 Starts Now

At least for me it starts right now.

Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


Unfortunately, with busy workdays, I've been quite tired and sleep has been my friend.  I didn't finish the books I'd intended to read up to this point, but I will try to jump into the books I'd intended to read this weekend with one exception.  I'm going to try to keep track of my hours, but the numbers really won't be all that accurate.

For some, their readathon hours have started counting down; and I will be starting my readathon hours as well.  And as per usual, I don't typically participate in any of the readathon activities, so reading and maybe a few updates is all there will be.

I hope I can read 24 hours or more, because that will get me at least three books read... if my reading speed holds, that is.

That said, currently I am still reading Dean Koontz's Icebound, though I hope to have it finished before morning rolls around--if I don't fall asleep first.  Following, I'd like to continue into Jayne Ann Krentz's Arcane Society and Harmony series, though I suspect I will probably only be able to finish two of the three books.



What's everyone else reading this weekend?

*****

Side note:  Starting today, I will be tracking all of my readathon activities (announcement posts, update posts, wrap up posts, etc) at a specific page here:  Readathon Archive.  Anyone interested may go to the link to check out previous readathons I have participated in including all update posts, etc.

Thank you, and happy reading to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment