Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Starting: The Last Star | Up to Chapter 2

The Last Star

by Rick Yancey
Book 3 (final) of The 5th Wave

~ Goodreads ~


Progress:  Read Chapters 1 and 2.

I have no idea what I just read.  I don't think my mind has ever wandered so quickly upon starting a book before.  Or maybe it has, but I just don't recall... since my mind wandered, obviously.

To be totally honest, I don't remember much about the previous 5th Wave book except that I had found it underwhelming and dragged out and repetitive--which was a big disappointment considering how much I loved the first book in this trilogy.

I'm finishing this trilogy if only because I've already gotten through the second book and want to know how everything ends.

Actually, not really...  At this point, I'm not even sure I care enough to know how this trilogy ends, but as I had told the librarian when she asked my opinion on this book, "I'm already this far, it just seems a waste not to finish the series."  Because I had loved the first book, I managed to get through the second book, and all I have left is this one.

This is one of the reasons why I'm not entirely fond of this new trend with trilogies:  Mainly because of my own twisted logic stated above.  But hopefully things get turned around in this last book and I can find it enjoyable.  After all, if it's one thing I have determined, it's that a second book in a trilogy isn't always easy to create and may be the weak link in any trilogy.

So we're going to give this last book a chance and hope it turns out okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment