Sunday, July 24, 2016

24 in 48 Readathon: Hour Forty-One... and a half

Few more hours until the end...


Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.


This post was supposed to go up at noon while I was sleeping, but I forgot to pre-publish it.  As it is, I'm anal and need to have my posts scheduled for specific updates--every twelve hours, they were supposed to be.  The first update went out an hour late and it still kind of bugs me, but I couldn't very well call it "Hour Twelve" when it was already past that time.

And now this...  But moving along now because the point is moot.

Anyway, got some good reading done.  I haven't quite made it to 24 hours worth of reading yet, and to be honest, I don't think I will.  But the important thing is that I've been reading and have finished two books.

At this point, I've read approximately 629 pages of book total, over the course of 11.5 hours.


Books Read

Sizzle and Burn by Jayne Ann Krentz | 359 pages

I spent the rest of the early morning finishing this book, which took approximately four hours, just as I'd expected.  Left off at 168 pages read prior to midnight and finished the last 191 pages.

There might have been food involved during this reading session.  Maybe a couple bathroom breaks.  At least I didn't pass out reading this book.




Currently Reading

The Third Circle by Amanda Quick | 342 pages

After finishing Sizzle and Burn, I piddled around for a bit, listened to some music, and then finally laid down to sleep.  Of course, laying down to sleep requires bringing a book with me, or it feels unnatural.

I read 56 pages of The Third Circle, which I attribute to approximately one hour of reading, though I'm not certain.  It might have only been about thirty-five to forty minutes.  But I'm going to round up and add to my reading hours.

Gonna see how much more I can get read before I go to work tonight; I'm certain I won't be finishing this book before midnight.




No comments:

Post a Comment