Sunday, July 10, 2016

Read-a-thon: 24 in 48!

So here is the basic gist of this read-a-thon as copied from the 24 in 48 Readathon site:

Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period.  You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.

I know, doesn't it sound both relaxing AND fun?  I've always been drawn to read-a-thons since participating in my first one about a year ago (?), but the 24 hour ones are so hard when you've got other things in real life to interfere (like family and work).  I mean, I guess technically, this is a 48 hour read-a-thon, but who's splitting hairs, right?

Anyway, with the more flexible time frame, I'm hoping to at least finish one book, even if not two.  Yeah... I know.  It's not like my goal is any higher than the usual 24 hour thons, but at least I have a better chance this time.  It's my weekend off from work; I'm off on Friday and Saturday nights, but I'm still working on Sunday night, but I'm hoping that I can get most of my reading done on Saturday since I'll have to get some sleep on Sunday if I want to be a useful body in my place of work.

That should be enough time to read one whole book, if not two; it may also be enough time to read the majority of the second book, so I'm quite content with the outlook... that is, if other things don't come up.

I don't really have any particular books I'm planning on reading for the particular weekend, but I DO have a pretty large list of books I'm planning on reading this month.  But who knows which one I'll be reading by that time.

For sure, I'm hoping to start reading the next books in Jayne Ann Krentz's Arcane Society and Harmony series, after I finish a bunch of other books in the first half of the month.


Otherwise, I can't think of any other books I'll likely get to by that time.  Then again, my reading moods are ever-changing, and so when the thon comes around, I could be reading anything and could start reading anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment